Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

IL: Marijuana is more likely to cause cancer than cigarettes

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by CousCous, May 22, 2010.

1. I think it's pretty clear that she's never smoked weed, seen weed, or know anyone who smokes weed. I believe her opinions will go unchanged because that's what her parents have taught her to believe, and no other reason than that. I presented plenty of valid points and documents and it wasn't enough to go in one ear and stay there. Heaven forbid someone prove her parents wrong.

2. I believe shes merely struggling with the same thing the rest of us are...

...trying to figure out who is the bigger fucktard here. Her, or the idiot who awarded that written tripe with a fucking scholarship.

3. You should email that to the sheriff.

4. I don't think it would do anything since the department agreed with everything in her paper and ate it all up. She got that scholarship because she wrote the same misinformation and bullshit lies that the police and DEA like to regurgitate.
    No amount of excellent debating will get through the thick brick in their heads that they like to call a brain.

5. She said shes religious dude. Message her my signature.

6. And maybe send her this.....

Christie, these are about medical studies about the medical uses of cannabis (marijuana is merely slang for Cannabis sativa). I do hope you read them. Cannabis is medically useful for far more than just pain! You are entitled to your own opinion about legalization, of course, but a little more research was needed about the medical facts. I am saying this as an educator- (yes, I happen to work in Special Education) not as a cannabis activist. And save that $500, dear, the price of textbooks is through the roof!

HEMP AS A MEDICAMENT : Methods and results of the bacteriological experiments
    (full - 1955) (FYI- MRSA kills 19,000 Americans every year!)
    HEMP AS A MEDICAMENT - Methods and results of the bacteriological experiments

A newer version of this information-
    Pot is good for you? Marijuana fights the superbugs (news - 2008)
    News Blog: Pot is good for you? Marijuana fights the superbugs

THC inhibits primary marker of Alzheimer's disease (news - 2006)
    International Association for Cannabis as Medicine

Marijuana Chemical Fights Hardened Arteries (news - 2005)
    Marijuana Chemical Fights Hardened Arteries

Medical marijuana news. Cannabidiol stops the spread of breast cancer.
    (news - 2010)
    http://www.examiner.com/x-19678-Cannabis-Revolution-Examiner~y2010m2d27-Medical-marijuana-news--Cannabidiol-stops-the-spread-of-breast-cancer

Cannabis extract makes brain tumors shrink, halts growth of blood vessels
    (news - 2004)
    Cannabis extract makes brain tumors shrink, halts growth of blood vessels

Marijuana Compound May Help Stop Diabetic Retinopathy (news - 2006)
    Marijuana Compound May Help Stop Diabetic Retinopathy

Study Confirms That Cannabis Is Beneficial for Multiple Sclerosis (news - 2009)
    Study confirms that cannabis is beneficial for multiple sclerosis

Medicinal Marijuana Effective For Neuropathic Pain In HIV, Study Finds
    (news - 2008)
    Medicinal Marijuana Effective For Neuropathic Pain In HIV, Study Finds

Hebrew U. Researchers Find Cannabis Can Strengthen Bones (news - 2006)
    Hebrew U. Researchers Find Cannabis Can Strengthen Bones - Good News - Israel News - Israel National News

Brazilian Scientists Show How Marijuana Can Help in Treating Parkinson
    (news - 2010)
    http://brazzilmag.com/lamvt/compone...marijuana-can-help-in-treating-parkinson.html

Marijuana could alleviate symptoms of PTSD (news - 2009)
    Marijuana could alleviate symptoms of PTSD | health

Cannabis as a substitute for alcohol and other drugs. (full -2009)
    Cannabis as a substitute for alcohol and other drugs

Marijuana-Related Health Costs Minimal Compared To Those Of Alcohol,
    Tobacco (news - 2009)
    Marijuana-Related Health Costs Minimal Compared To Those Of Alcohol, Tobacco

Perhaps these could form the foundation of a college paper! Best of luck in college, dear,

Granny Storm Crow - educator, legal MMJ patient and activist

7. Man im pretty sure they taught you in high school to use works cited. Where did she get some of this shit at? That was a big thing you have to use actual facts that you can prove, not shit you make up.

8. Good for her. Nothing in there is true though.

BTW, $500? Each of my classes are 2k-3k

9. Ditto. Except I'd take 500 where I could get it, every bit helps.

10. Rampipe, thank you for the rep! :D

Now when you finish those articles, you can either click the MMJ Studies in my sig and see GC's January list (150 pages of links). Or for a real education, email me (bottom of my sig) and I'll send you 250 pages of mindblowing, and quite educational links! :D

They say MRSA is becoming "unkillable" with modern antibiotics. But we know cannabis can stop it- dead. It was known in 1955- but it was buried and almost lost. What else has been lost?

Another uncurable condition is Mad Cow Disease. It is caused by these twisted (literally) little things called prions. Antibiotics won't touch them. If you get them from eating raw meat, you will die, badly. Although it is very rare, it is 100% fatal- modern medicine has no cure, no real treatment, for Mad Cow Disease....

guess what?...

Nonpsychoactive cannabidiol Prevents Prion Accumulation and Protects Neurons against Prion Toxicity (full - 2007)
    Nonpsychoactive Cannabidiol Prevents Prion Accumulation and Protects Neurons against Prion Toxicity -- Dirikoc et al. 27 (36): 9537 -- Journal of Neuroscience

Recent News: Marijuana (Cannabis) May Prevent Mad Cow Disease
    (news - 2007)
    Mad Cow Disease Facts, News, and Humor - EvilMamaCow Homepage

Cannabidiol May be Effective in Preventing Bovine Spongiforme Enzephalopathy (Mad Cow Disease) (news - 2007)
    AAMC: Cannabidiol may be effective in preventing bovine spongiforme enzephalopathy (mad cow disease)

Pot Compound Protective Against ‘Mad Cow' Disease, Other Fatal Brain Disorders, Study Says (news - 2007)
    Pot Compound Protective Against

Pot smoking could stop Mad Cow Disease? (news - 2008)
    Pot smoking could stop Mad Cow Disease? | ChattahBox News Blog

Can Mad Cow be prevented or even cured with cannabis? ....We don't know!

Research on medical use of cannabis is all but forbidden in this country!

19,000 die from MRSA every year. How many die from cancers? Diabetic complications? Alzheimer's? MS? Heart disease? Strokes?.... :(

Only by spreading the word about these studies will the facts get to be known!

Help me make it common knowledge!
    Share the list with your friends and family! We have an obligation to educate the "Christies" of the world. Their ignorance could kill them!

We can eventually cure their ignorance by calmly presenting the studies and articles as what they are- scientific facts. Be prepared for resistance- they "know" the "facts" from DARE and it will take real evidence and lots of it to convince them- but that's not a problem, is it? :rolleyes: I've given you enough to convince all but the most rabid prohibitionists! :D

(And it is an absolute blast to watch their faces as the light slowly dawns! :eek: )

Granny :wave:

11. +rep!

I don't know if you've been asked this before, and I hope you don't mind me asking, but how did you get into medicinal marijuana? What has your life been like? You seem like an amazing person!

12. Well, I was almost murdered when I was 3- another kid took a hammer to my head. I was left with dents in my skull and migraines. My mother was bipolar and alcoholic, she suicided eventually. My father was gone half the time- worked on submarines (conventional and nuclear). I have a younger brother who has Hep C and was into needles for a while. I was the "fat girl" in school. :( The schools felt I was depressed (well, duh!) and sent me to a psychiatrist. Let's just say my early life was not always pleasant.

By the time I was 5, my bedroom had black curtains. I missed a lot of school because of "sick headaches". At 19, I tried cannabis and liked it. Being a slow learner, it took me around a year to connect the lack of migraines with cannabis use.

During the normal summer drought, we were out and I had a bad migraine coming on (auras and nausea). Unexpectedly, a friend dropped by with an over-priced, skinny baggie of stemmy, seedy schwag. We bought it, of course! To my amazement, my nausea and auras faded with each puff! :hello: That was over 40 years ago, and cannabis is still effective. And as long as I get a few puffs a day, no migraines! :D

OK, I work in education and have a "killer" IQ. I LIKE to read medical studies! And I kept finding these interesting studies on cannabis. I started printing them up, and put them into a binder just for my own use. Then I noticed folks asking about their conditions on the forums...and I had the studies about them! So I'd type out the URLS and titles to turn them on to the info. Well, THAT got old FAST!

My solution was a WORD document with the titles and URLs. Then I could just "copy and paste"! EASY! :D Then as the list grew, I put the studies into categories to make finding all the "Crohn's" studies easier.

And my little hobby kinda got out of hand :p , so on my birthday in 2007, I posted it up for the first time. In January 2008, I did the first update (working in education gives you a lot of breaks during the year!)

So that is how this whole mess happened! If you want more details, see this-
    Becoming 'Granny Storm Crow' - Salem-News.Com

And now, with my home list standing at 315 pages, I'm actually getting some help from a wonderful group of volunteers over at greenpassion. We are literally going through and checking each and every link :eek: to see that it works and the title and date are correct. (Almost done!) This July's list will be FANTASTIC! (And it will be out just in time for all of you to get a copy to influence your family and friends for the Fall elections!)

Granny :wave:

13. I've had bad migraines for quite some time. I started smoking recreationally, and one day I was on my way to a smoke session and by vision got distorted. I automatically knew a migraine was coming and my friend had a joint rolled up and he let me smoke some of it. Almost instantly I felt relief, because by this time it had gotten pretty bad and i vomit when I have migraines but all of the symptoms went away.

Now I illegally smoke MJ for relief, so I really hope this bill passes. I still smoke it for fun too, but it is the only thing that works. I've been prescribed Topomax, Ibuprofen, I've taken Advil, Aleve, Tylenol, and many others. The only thing that came close to MJ was Tylenol 500mg Extra strength, and it only made the pain less severe. it was still present though