Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

IL: House vote on MMJ bill today.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by boatsndhos024, May 23, 2010.

1. From My understanding it means that the Rules Committee will either assign a new deadline or the bill will die.
    Rules Committee is 3D-2R so most likely if it's a vote it will be given a new deadline.

I'm Not a Lawyer but that is my interpretation from following other bills in Illinois.

2. It seems as if the bill was pushed back again, until January 2011 this time...

"Rep. Lou Lang, (D) Skokie, who sponsored the bill, said not enough of his colleagues support it. He doesn't expect a vote until at least January 2011.
    Linn said the winner of the governor's race would determine if patients with debilitating diseases will be able to grow up to three mature marijuana plants at one time.
    Sen. Bill Brady, the Republican nominee, staunchly opposes the bill. If Democratic Gov. Pat Quinn remains in office, more lawmakers would probably support it, he said. "

So, Illinoisians, VOTE, and hope that Pat Quinn remains in office, and we may be able to get this baby passed.

3. Even if the majority of state citizens approve. The majority of the senate probably does not.

This action keeps the bill in its current (probably most desireable) state, from corrupt, or misinformed senators crushing the bill, in which you would have to go through the whole bill process again.

4. this shits not happening in IL any time soon fellas :rolleyes::mad::mad:

5. if they pull the same shit in January then I am moving from this state

6. Fixed.

7. Illinois has definitely become known for pushing the medical cannabis issue on the back burner, but they can only avoid it for so long. Many people are assuming the resistance is because of November elections. We have close to a majority in supporters, I believe the last tally mentioned we were just a couple votes shy.

8. Word. I believe the election is going to play a big part in the IL MMJ laws. The current governor, Pat Quinn, supports the bill, and if he stays in office, the majority of legislatures that support the bill won't be afraid to vote on it, as they have been in attempts to save face (many support the bill, but refuse to vote for it).

I'm from Chicago and would love to live there for the rest of my life, but with the advancement of medical marijuana in other states, I've been considering leaving so I don't have to risk my freedom every time I pick up a bag of weed. I believe if we keep fighting for it, and the MMJ initiatives in other states prove all the negative connotations wrong, Illinois can most definitely be the next state to allow patients the medicine they require.