Ignorrant non-smokers & friends...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by protesthero, Dec 15, 2008.

1. I can't stand them.

i have a set of friends that would all love to toke up and another set who are on the edge of being my friends about smoking.

Just today my one best friend who doesn't smoke came up to me and said "in biology today we learned that smoking marijuana makes you 15x more likely to get such and such cancer/disease"

i started to argue that it doesn't give cancer but then realized that i might as well be talking to a brick wall because nothing is going to convince him.

i hate that once people know you smoke, they view you totally different, as if you're not yourself. (that's obviously true while high) but it bugs me that i could smoke a whole year and end up with the same grades as i did before i started smoking - which is the case as of now.

Hey GC, do you have any friends who you wish would just take a hit and stfu about the whole 'it's bad' thing?

2. I do have those friends. If you're fine with it you can quit being friends with those people. If you're like me and can't just do that then just don't talk about weed or anything around them. I don't exactly tell them I don't smoke anymore, I just never mention it except when joking about it sometimes. You could also try sitting down and having a serious talk with them about it but I've never been able to to do that.

3. dude you dont even know the half of it

in my school theres about 30 people im pretty chill with
    about 5 smoke, 10 that dont care, might take a hit or two and 15 that just get pissed off at us

i think it should be mandatory for people to watch The Union: Buisness Behind Getting High, i swear if ever civics class in high school watched it, way more minds would be opened and weed would be legal within 5 years

4. i don't know if i could even begin to know exactly how similar your story sounds

just the numbers are a bit different i have more friends that smoke and less that don't care while a huge group get pissed off

and yes i've seen that movie and if my parents ever find out i smoke then i won't let them talk about the negatives until they've watched that movie hehe

5. Hell yea, i got the same type of friends. But the non smoking but ok with you smoking friends are the best. I got one friend who just sits around and watches the regulars get blazed. He then offers to get us munchies and/or drive us to get munchies. He is bad ass. :smoking:

6. that's why my anti-drugs friends don't know that i smoke.

7. #7 Justen, Dec 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2008
    Wow that sucks. I remember I had friends that were like that. They took a hit and it changed them lol. Now they smoke 24/7. But some people you just cant change. In your mind you know the difference. Just blow it off whenever they say something about it. You know the truth, isn't that all that matters?

In my experience with close minded people, the best thing you can do is let them figure these things out for themselves. Because you'll end up either pissing them off attempting to get them to understand the truth about herb, or they will just think your a 'stupid stoner' and that you 'know no better, because you've fried all of your brain cells'.

Most people who criticize weed end up trying it if they are college aged or younger because they don't know any better.. Its something that has to be experienced to understand it.

Plus like they say, it opens your mind up to allow critical thinking. And only than will they start to understand the reasons marijuana is illegal and the benefits that it has for the world.

8. The Union, in case any of you need fodder for friends.

[ame="http://blip.tv/file/1356143/"]The Union: The business behind getting high.@@AMEPARAM@@player.setPostsId(1362521);player.setUsersId(265638);player.setUsersLogin("Zebb")@@AMEPARAM@@1362521@@AMEPARAM@@Zebb[/ame]

9. just fuck the non-smokers and light up someee blueberry yumyuuummmmm wifff meeeeee bxr! =)

10. haha alright bro.

11. GRrrr shit like this gets me pissed. Most of my friends know I smoke, a few dont, but if ANY of them ever tell me some stupid "fact" then I will be up in their face.
    Luckly, no one's ever said shit about maryjane to me.

12. My good ol jock buddies, cut me the fuck out of that circle when they found out I was smokin in grade 10. 2 years later, when they start to smoke, geuss who is gettin asked for hook ups and the such? You guessed it, I said fuck it though and dont chill with them. About the cancer thing, ALL my friends that smoke think that weed causes cancer, and is 2x as bad as cigarettes, I tell them otherwise, try to show em studies, it does no good. I just dont let it bother me anymore man, I suggest you do the same, make ya feel alot better on the inside.

13. Luckily for me I really don't have any friends like that. I have a few that don't smoke but they don't give me shit for it or anything. Plus it seems like all the kids around here smoke. Very few don't and the ones that don't are usually younger anyways.

Peace out though and hopefully your friends'll come around.

14. Well my friends are different, they want me to not smoke marijuana. I can understand my one friend (who happens to be a girl) because her best friend fucked up her life by marijuana and alcohol getting the best of her.

As for my other friend, he just has a negative connotation with it that he won't let go... I guess i just won't talk about it around him.

15. that sucks, ive probably blazed with like 95% of my friends at some poin and i can only think of a handful of people in my highschool who never tried it at least once. man i love canada.

16. i have friends exactly like OP's friends. my friends were all completely cool with me before they found out that I smoked. then once they found out some of them started saying "nah i don't fuck with _____, he does 'bad' things" and "he's changing, he smokes, he's not the same person." but the reason why that stuff irritates the hell outta me is because everything is all cool when they're all hanging out together and someone brought some liquor and they all decide to drink. they do it socially so they see no problem in it. that's the way i am with weed, i smoke socially. but no matter what i say, they thinking drinking and smoking are completely different. i hate hypocrites like that. it's all these propagating commercials that the governments uses to brainwash people into hating weed, when really it's not nearly as bad as liquor.

17. What i dont understand about non-smoking and non-understand friends is that if its my business to smoke and they want nothing to do with it, why are they the ones to bring it up 99% of the time? Then, because of their lack of understanding, make completely innappropriate jokes that become progressively more offensive. I don't know if it's just me or does it also seem like they always bring it up at the worst times possible, such as in the workplace right within audible distance of customers because of the lack of realization that customers have ears. Funny how out of a sea of non-smokers, I find myself having the most common sense.

18. Well, i personally can't stand it when someone calls me "Crispy, Burnout" etc all those demeaning words.

For me i think that my friends just don't want me to get addicted to a non addicting substances and go down the wrong path...

19. ive lost some friends over pot. but i've also gained a LOT of enemies over pot, too. so my old "friends" were the idiots all along. my old "enemies" were the straight ones.

i actually almost lost my boyfriend too over pot. but he's finally realizing to accept me the way i am. when we MET i was stoned off my ass even.
    lifes good [=

20. All the government propaganda stuff needs to stop. I'm sick of the govt. trying to brainwash everyone. I'll admit I used to believe it 3 years ago.