Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ignorant parents

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by GDP420, Nov 22, 2010.

1. so i just turned 18 2 months ago and i was planning on telling my parents that i like to blaze up... i dont know if i should though because last year i remember how narrow minded my parents were and still are... they think weed is some hardcore shit, i tried explaining to them that its not as bad as they think it is, the worse part about it is that my dad drinks alcohol and he told me "weed will be your downfall, people promote it like its the same as drinking a beer or a cigarete but its not", like seriously ?!?! i was so mad but i kept it within me and just nodded my head... when i tried explaining to them that weed isnt bad and as i sed a lot of facts about it, they was not trying to listen, they said that they seen weed fuck peoples lives up in their days (80's) and they dont want it to happen to me. but seriously, im a responsible adult and dont let it get in the way of my life. should i just keep it to myself ?? i just dont like their views on it, and if i decide on telling them, i dont want them to piss me off by saying the propoganda they were fed. By the way, im blowed, just smoked a whole blunt of lemon kush so sorry for the long post haha.:smoke:

2. #2 PvtRyan, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2010
    Well... if I were you... I would move out then say something. Anyway, I'm lucky enough to have a step-mom that tokes and mellowed out my dad a little bit to it. He doesn't care as long as my room doesn't smell. I can't wait till I move out (9 months or so) and can smoke on my couch. Just don't have the money right now, and I think I'd be lonely lol.

I guess you could try showing them the union?

3. Hey man just a question are you in college yet? I'm assuming not, but i'm just wondering because i turned 18 in collge.

4. na man, im on my senior year

5. my parents are too narrowminded, no matter what i try to show them or tell them, they will not take it...

6. Ok. Now if you really think theyre not going to be cool with it i think you should wait. Now a lot of people on here would say well yea your 18 and you can do what you want because of that. But im assuming your like me and you dont mind living under your parents roof. But what i'm currently going to do is this. Just to start i wana say that i got caught by them back when i was like 16 and they were all mad saying it was guna ruin my life and stuff like that. I told them i stopped and all this other stuff and from what i know they believed it. Now i'm currently in my second year of college, and after this year i'm going to tell them that i still blaze. And they basically have no ground to stand on when i tell them now for two reasons. The one reason is that well i'm 19 now. And the other is because as they were saying it was going to ruin my life is completely wrong. Thats becasue i'm doing extremely well in college now, and plan to transfer to an even better school next fall. So i'm going to approach them with it just because i'd rather them know. Plus i'm just more responsible now and i'm actually doing something useful with my life.

So it would just be a suggestion of mine to wait until your through like half you freshman year of college and doing well. Now if your not going to college, i would just make sure your doing somethign productive. Because i'm prettty sure theyre just worried that your just guna blaze and do nothing with your life. But if your doing real shit with your life and smoking at the same time how can any parent be mad that you blaze?

I hope this helped man. Good luck and just make sure you tell them when you know that they see your resposible enough to handle it. Not just because you turned 18, because in all honesty. There are pleny of 18 year old people who are seriously immature about smoking. And theyre is also people that are under the age of 18 that are mature about it. Just use your judgement man. And good luck again. :smoking:

7. Why do you care if they accept weed like you do?

8. You should see if you can get them to watch a documentary about weed, like The Union. Just say you thought it was really interesting. See what their reaction is.

9. This is potentially a very good idea

10. i donno some peoples parents will never change... i was lucky enough.. my dad used to be so anti weed until i showed him the union... same with my mom they visited me a few days ago and i got my mom so baked haha she was cleanin the kitchen for hours twas funny :p but yeah man, just move out best thing u can do and dont tell them u smoke

11. Dude one thing I've learned about ignorant people, ESPECIALLY when it comes to weed, is that there is no changing their mind. We live in an age where our parents, superiors and elders were all brought up being fed government lies and propaganda. You can show them a documentary, talk with them or feed them hash brownies, nothing is going to change their mind.

Best thing you can do is keep it on the DL and continue to get good grades, get into a good school, and keep up a good social life. That way, a year down the road, you can tell that you've been smoking weed the whole time and it hasn't hindered your progress at all, so they have nothing to worry about.

12. I personally cared when I was younger because I didn't want it to drive a wedge between myself and my family. I didn't want them to accept it as much as I wanted them to know that it is a good thing for me and that they don't have to support weed just me.

13. so true ! ima just keep it on the DL :smoke:

14. Tell them that unless they enjoy being ignorant, they should educate themselves about cannabis.
    Have them watch The Union with you, or something along those lines.
    They don't have to love it, I don't think it should make or break your relationship.

15. How weed won west would work too I think... The Union is by far the best but, my mom told me "I don't believe in that documentary" and I was like :eek:

it's easier to disintegrate an atom than a prejudice

16. My parents are the exact same way (although perfect in every single sense and have done a terrific job of raising of me are still strictly anti-pot) are really ignorant in that subject matter.

My suggestion? Don't tell them yet. Go to college or get a job and wait until you fully move out and get a full time good job. Once the right moment comes you can easily tell them that you have been smoking the entire time showing how harmless the drug is and despite your pot smoking it didn't stop you from achieving your goals. Plain and simple.

17. Weed was a hidden secret for me in my family...My grandpa was a stoner, my grandma tried weed and hash.

Keep smoking it just if your parents dont like it just leave the house and keep it something to yourself.