ignorance

Discussion in 'General' started by Bud247, May 7, 2011.

1. I understand where you're coming from now. Thank you for replying :)
    From the first page it just seemed like you were bashing him, I hadn't completely read the thread. My bad for jumping to a conclusion.

2. I definitely agree. However how do we distinguish medicine in this case? Marijuana certainty puts me in a certain state of bliss, even though I don't consider myself to be depressed. Does this mean I am not allowed to use it as I see fit, because the law tells me I can't?

I see your point mushroom, and agree with it to a point. My point is some people are not fortunate to have connections, but would still like to enjoy the benefits marijuana can bring. I think they should be able to use the MMJ system if they feel it is necessary, and it shouldn't be considered abuse of the system. Do you understand where I am coming from?

3. #63 ~Blu, May 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2011
    all wikipedia has on medicinal use of alchohol is treatment for depression (ironically), and a truth serum. I'm sure it has some other benefits but I'm skeptical.
    Cocaine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Heroin seems to be used only as a pain reliever as well. I'm not buying it.

Excuse me? When did I ever say that? Nice assumption.

Drugs affect different people different ways. The psychoactive components of the herb affects peoples minds differently, and some people can't control it or it doesn't work with them. It is a hallucinogen after all. And that also works the other way. How come for some users it causes anxiety and depression but can completely turn someones life around for the better in other users?

Once again, drugs have different effects on different people. The legality of cannabis probably has a lot to do with anxiety and depression, as does the negative stigma associated with its users. A lot of times, after smoking you begin to ask questions about why it's illegal and why there is so much propoganda against it, which leads to paranoia and anxiety. There are many causes for anxiety and depression, it's not always smoking weed = anxiety and depression. There can be other factors involved. I find this to be a big flaw in science as well. There are so many variables involved with the human psych and body and I believe we tend to ignore this fact when performing scientific studies.

4. I dont mean to bash anyone if thats how I come off. I just like discussions.

I do. MMJ is in its early stages. It has a long way to go.

If there are so many uncertain variables, why is it already on the market?

5. I'm sure that cannabis has limited medical applications, but someone should do a study to see how many MMJ users are actually sick.

I think cannabis advocates should push for total legalization rather than medical use. There's a lot of- not necessarily abuse- but misuse of the current system, and there's no reason it shouldn't be legalized.

6. My really close friend (who now happens to be my girlfriend) used to be suicidal. Her home life was terrible. Her parents and her ex were abusive to her. She would cut herself in class after having fights with her boyfriend. She was really depressed so I invited her to smoke with me some time. Now she's completely happy with life. Weed can help people who's lives just plain suck.

7. get out

8. #68 WhosGotTheHerb, May 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2011
    Just want to clarify I liked because of the ending.. not the beginning. ;)

Ultimately, that is the goal.. It's just a step up the ladder.. I guess your argument would work here too mushroom because a lot of activists of MMJ are actually in it for full legalization.

9. Sure, there is misuse of the current medicial marijuana system. However, that's not to say others don't abuse the prescription pill system to get their "fix" as well.

10. I want an mmj card :(

11. I definitely understand that this is the case, I just feel as though the movement actually might gain more traction if it went for all-out legalization.

MMJ is easy for critics to attack on a variety of grounds, while legalization is actually a bit harder.

Cannabis won't be legalized until enough leaders believe in its recreational value, and I wonder if the debate over medical MJ is kind of tangential, rather than a step up.

Incidentally, a MMJ provision just failed to pass in my state, IL.

12. Everyone is untitled to their opinions. Where some are dead wrong, and some are legit. All it shows is their credibility, and knowledge on the subject at hand. It's human nature to ponder the unknown, so if that's what they want to do, it's their right.

13. You make a good point. I think activists are just waiting for more states to turn to MMJ because that shows it is gaining acceptance. The fact that we have MMJ shows me legalised marijuana WILL happen. Maybe not in our lifetime, but at least we can be considered part of the movement. :D

Well said. It doesn't make them any less intelligent than anyone else. I'm sure they all believe in something you disagree with.. but maybe you will change your mind someday just as we believe they should? Let's just enjoy the show called life and let people BE. :D

14. #74 Bud247, May 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    You're so enlightened, and peaceful. You're like a cool ass flower child