If

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by with_his_author, Feb 27, 2005.

1. If there is a heaven do you feel you have been good enough to make it in?

If yes, please fill us in on yourself and the kind (pun intented) of person you are.

If no, please start a single file line so the nearest chatholic preist can bend you over thier knee to spank. (No offense chatholics just a joke)

Really if no, please fill us in on yourself and the things you might change if you could change them.

Rev. Michael T
    Soldier for Christ

2. I belive that we all have the earn or way into heaven, we must do as god says, what ever comes through the day we must follow it, if we are handed a sick person we must try to heal them, i belive in karma very much, i am not a christain or of any religon. I belive in God though and i belive i have not earned my way yet, but i belive I will.

3. Without a doubt, yes. If only there was such a place.

4. i believe i will go to heaven when my time comes. till then im just gonna enjoy the time i have on this plane of existance

5. Here's a great reason why I can't stand organized religion, I'm watching this infomercial selling miracle spring water, from the peter popoff ministry. Things like this really piss me off. This is one of the main reasons I hate organized religion, it prey's upon people's fear of the unknown, to defraud them of their money. Then they can go build their church that costs millions of dollars, and the preacher can drive his cadallac and live in a mansion. You know what, if all these hypocritical christians, and child molesting catholics go to heavan, I'd just assume go to hell! The only religion I can even remotely stand is mormonism, this probably has something to do with the fact that they believe you don't just have to ASK for forgiveness, you have to lead a good life as well.

In conclusion I don't believe in heavan or hell, and if there is one, I'm probably going to hell, along with the majority of catholics, christians, muslims and jews.

6. Sad, isn't it?

7. If there's a place where "good" people go when the die, I think I would probably belong there. But not if Christianity is true, haha. I'm not too worried about it though, when I die I just expect the lights to go out.

8. I personaly wouldn't be good enough to get in heaven. It's had to believe any one would be. Sure I've done good things and I've doen bad things. I think I've done more good then bad but thats really not the point that I see. Say your in court being charged with the bad of your life. Which I believe everyone will be judged one day for. (Just my opinion and beliefs, if you don't agree, cool by me) The judge says "Your being judged for all the bad you've done in your life because it was wrong and bad to do." Would the judge let me off if I point out all the good I've done. No, not even if the good was Mother Theressa good. The good thing about the Christian or any religion that follows Christ Teaching:

Same situation (Court)

The judge says your on trial for all the bad things your done in your life because the conscience told you it was wrong and you still did it. The judge is about to give the sentence to you when a man stands up and says he will pay the debt and fine for you if you are willing to have faith in what he has done and faith in him. H says you don't have to pay him back by observing any rules or laws he just wants you to love everyone you come in contact with and have faith he was the person he said he was and did the things people say he did. By doing so he will take all the wrongs you've done and take the punishment for you. He wants to pay the fine and take the punsihmentbecause he knows how hard it is to be human on this earth and he knows how hard it is to follow rules that are so easily breakable.

In my belief system the court will one day take place and in my opinion Jesus and the sacrifice he has done will be the only way to get aquited for the wrongs we have done in our life. It might not be that cut and dry to you at this point in your life but thik it over cause it may be what happens.

Gal. 2:16

know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.

Rev. Michael T
    Soldier for Christ and Cannabis

9. Tomohiro-

Those are some great questions and comments. I'm guessing your on a journey for life questions and truths. I'm still on my journey and I think we all will still be on it until our bodies do pass away. That being said I will do my best to answer your questions and address your comments:

Do I think there is a purgatory?

I honestly don't know. In my reading of the Bible I have never come across it or it didn't grab my eye to look into more. I don't beleive it's talked about in the Bible because I think I would remember something that important but of course I could be mistaken. I personally don't believe there is but just like it God no one knows.

If God is a forgiver, why couldn't he not still forgive?

God is a forgiver. God gives us plenty of chances here on earth to hear about him and what he has to offer. He can still forgive people even if they don't accept his gift. Will he. I dare not answer that because that is only and I mean only for God to deciede. I hope he will because I have friends I beleive to be in hell. I am only the clay I can not answer for the clay maker.

The very people who killed Jesus were forgiven.

That is an exalent point.

Why not people who turned from God?

I truly hope so but I can not answer for what God will do. I can't even say who will go there, God judges everyone by his or her actions I am a defendent so I can't answer what the judge will do.

I understand why you tend to shy away from Christianity. I suggest skip the whole religion part and just read what Jesus did and says about religion and life. Read the book of Matthew. It's good for info on the subject you talked about.

Rev. Michael T
    Soldier for Christ