If...

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Digit, Aug 21, 2006.

1. If a large creature comes along and does something for a smaller one, something that the smaller creature could not do, a smaller creature that had previously never seen this larger creature... what would that creature think?

one possability is that it would proclaim it as some deity manifestation or "god".

2. Or GodZILLA!

3. depends on the "creature". Most things on this earth don't have deep thought beyond basic needs, ie., food, shelter, reproduction, and survival. So I don't know if you're implying the creature be us humans, or if you're saying the superior creature to be aliens or something unexplainable or if you're talking about an animal maybe taking a hurt animal under it's wing or something like that, which is unlikely consider how the foodchain works.

4. ok, i'll cease the general conceptualisation for a second to ease the non-abstract thinking with this.

i wouldnt use the term "superior", not as a necessity for the point. keep equality in mind when youexpand your imagination beyond the previouslly percieved impossable to the possable. i'm talking not only "big", cosmologically, but beyond, streatching and intersecting. If we live in 3 spacial dimensions, it perhaps lives in 5 spacial dimensions, and with which, distances behave very very differently.

sure it could be an "animal", or something much beyond.

say an ant gets a genetic anomaly that allows it the reasoning capacity of a human (or nearly anyways), and then it sees a child, or a cow, or even a cat, for the first time, and it drops a crumb of something either intentionally or just accidentally by chance.... what would the perceptions of that ant be like?

or maybe i should just stop waffling & post a link to this as a further demonstration of this conceptualisation expansion excersize for some.
    http://www.alcyone.com/max/lit/flatland/

or has anyone read much Asimov? he's done a few similar concepts. Or Simak's "City"? genius. oh to wander the forrests and play with ants. :).