If You Work in A Store, Please Understand How to Make Change

Discussion in 'General' started by TLF1088, Sep 12, 2011.

1. I mean, is it really that hard? I don't think so.

I just made a purchase for 4.50. I took out a 20, and two quarters I had in my pocket.

The girl working at the register gives me a weird look like I'm some kind of idiot, and then hands me back my two quarters and 15 dollars.

2. thats public schools for ya.

3. lols. dumb cashiers crack me up. it's like the simplest job in the world.

4. lol you should have made a fuss about how she shortchanged you 50 cents to make her look like an idiot

5. [​IMG]

6. I would have done the same thing. I need my singles bitch! Take your 50 cents and shove it.

7. I would have at least liked the two other quarters she owed me.

All she had to say was, "I'm short on ones, do you mind taking your fifty cents back?"

I would have said, "Oh, no problem. I don't mind."

But, she was too stupid to even understand why I was giving her two quarters in the first place.

I wasn't going to argue and confuse her more over 50 cents.

8. Hahahaa...and you're the idiot.

LOL :hello:

9. How? I know I got shorted 50 cents. It just wasn't worth the argument.

10. #10 JuanRing, Sep 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2011
    lol sucks when they can't do 20.50 - 4.50 = 16 not 15.50:D

Maybe she was really high or got no sleep the night before.:smoke:

And I think Canadian lady was just referencing the irony, of her looking at you like some kind of idiot when she can't do simple arithmetic.

11. Indeed - I hope that chick realized what happened and facepalmed herself on break.

12. Haha sorry, I missed what you meant.

And I don't think so.

I try my hardest to live by the phrase "Don't judge a book by it's cover."

This girl though....just one of those people you look at and right away know they are a moron.

13. i went to mcdonalds the other day and bought 4 burgers which was 4 dollars. i gave her a 20 and she gave me a 10,5,5,and 1 dollar. so i ended up with free bugers and a dollar lol somtimes having dumb casheir is a good thing

14. In my tired state of mind I would probably well fuck it I'd just give 16.

15. If you came to my store, that shit would never fucking happen.

16. so you decided to pocket that money instead of pointing out that she made a mistake? Thats the same as stealing, friendo. I always point out shit like that. I've worked as a cashier and had people give me extra money. Stupid customers right? Their fault? No, shit happens. So i always give em the money back. I had a guy give me 60 bucks for gas. Well he actually gave me 80. I went out to his truck and gave him the 20. I had a girl cashier once give me an extra ten bucks and i gave it right back. IDK, maybe cause i actually have a conscience.

17. ya but theres a defference between peoples money and a business like mcdonalds money.

18. you should've told her manager. bitch woulda got fired real quick.

19. #20 Lenny., Sep 13, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
    Here's a question though, did you give her a 20, then she rang it up and did you go like "Oh i have 2 quarters for you"?

Actually at McDonalds if your drawer is over/under $1.99 than what it is supposed to be, you get written up. If it happens twice within 30 days, you get suspended. How do I know? It's happened to me.

If I make the wrong change and a customer says something I just open up the drawer again, its not a big deal. My dumbass managers will put coins in the wrong places so I end up doing that from time to time.