If you were put on your death bed today

Discussion in 'General' started by dietmama, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Imagine, today you had an accident, a terrible accident which put you on your deathbed. You have some time left to think back on your life but you know for sure you're going to die, either today or tomorrow.
    What things would you regret you hadn't done? hadn't said? or what problems would you regret you never solved?

2. I have already accepted that death is sudden and unexpected so no matter when the time comes I will have minimal regrets; I am one of those live like you will die tomorrow people though. Of course everybody will have their regrets and moments that they are proud of. The only things I would regret would be dying before seeing the world and toking on every continent, and toking at an elevation above 20,000ft.

3. wouldnt be able to remember any of those times tbh, be to busy reminiscing on the amazing times ive had

4. Ugh I think about this way to much, I would rather not have regrets but alas I do.. I would regret not going to a 4 year out of high school.. I regret not showing my last girlfriend how much I loved her.

5. in all honesty, I generally do my best to tie up loose ends and make sure I don't have any real regrets/unfinished business.  sometimes it takes me a while to figure out how and to actually do it, but I eventually do.

off the top of my head there's one situation where there's a lot of different ways I could have handled it...  and I wonder about all of them...  but at the end of the day I'm kind of satisfied with how I did.

so I really can't think of anything I wish I would have done.  in all honesty I'd probably just give whoever was in the hospital with me some phone numbers and tell them to call all my close friends/ex girlfriend (even though we don't really talk anymore) and tell them I hope they all do well and to be smart out here.  I dunno I'd probably think of some really nice way to say it though.

6. Honestly I dont really have any regrets. Every mistake I made when I was younger lead me to meeting my husband and having an amazing life together. So in my eyes I regret nothing. I owuld just be so sad knowing I wouldnt see my son grow up :(

7. Take some unmentionables and go wander around till I die.

8. i would lie there(if it were an accident i was paralyzed) and i would cry until i passed. because i wouldnt see my kids grow , wouldnt see my family. but you're talking like 16-30 hours left to live. if i had a week or two, i would feel a little better, because i would get just that much more time to do more fulfilling things with my girls. i would most definitely be a broken man if something like that happened. car accident, debilitating/terminal illness i.e. cancer.(possibly runs in my family).  

9. I would buy all the unmentionables i could then take them all the day i was supposed to die. That way i'd go out in a blaze of glory. other than that i'd make amends for all i have done and all the pain icuased. I wouldn't want to die with a single question on my mind.

10. I'm with you bro. My biggest regret would be to die sober

11. #11 Bronx Finest, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2013
    Id call up 911 and curse out the cops then id TP the prescient. Then I could die peacefullySent from my Prism using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. No regrets, I live my life just like this guy and that is just being carefree

[​IMG]

That's the way i think about it as well. I love my life, myself and the situation I'm in and I know that if I had done anything differently I might not have had the life i have today 

14. Ofcourse you would be sad about what you would miss in the future, I would! The idea with this thread was for you to look into your current situation and think about if there is something you haven't done that you think you should have done already by this age.

i can't really think about anything I would regret not having done but there is some apologizing to make and some telling the truth to make before I could feel totally relaxed with myself

15. That I didn't smoke one last blunt, unless my buddy could roll me up one on my death bed, then I'd have no regrets. If I have regrets when I'm dying, then i lived life with the wrong mind state.

16. Same here. I don't really regret anything, some high school moments where I could token the opportunity but other than that, I'll be glad on the life I lived. 

17. Don't regret a damn thing, I did what I did. Regret isn't gonna get you anywhere at that point. Just give me my loved ones, so I can have the realest conversation that I ever had...

18. I'd take unmentionals like A. Huxley did.

19. I would wish I had gotten laid, had a better relationship with my brother, and that I didn't piss away so much time in my room.