If you were accepted into an Ivy League...

Discussion in 'General' started by Rollin Cr00k3d, May 16, 2012.

1. I see alot of people on here talking about how college is a waste of money, puts you in debt, etc...

Would you keep that same opinion if you were accepted into an Ivy League? Would it be "worth" it then?

discuss.

2. I don't feel like paying +$150,000 for hype

3. So if you applied and were accepted to Harvard you wouldnt go?

4. And why do you feel its all "hype"

5. because it is.

there are schools out there which trump Ivy League schools in various areas.

Would you go to an Ivy League for something technological related?

or would you rather go to CIT or MIT?

Yeah.

You wanna go somewhere for agriculture/plant science etc? Go to UC Davis.

Wanna go to the best Astrology/Astronomy school in the nation? Head over to UC Santa Cruz.

Wanna do video game design? Try USC.

the list goes on

Ivy League is a status symbol nowadays...

6. Ok, so you also think its hype. So if you were accepted to Harvard and Yale you wouldnt pay to go?

7. If someone paid for me Id go bc you have pretty good odds of getting an awesome job just bc you went to an ivy league school.

8. Probably not. Im way too fucking lazy for that shit.

9. I think everyone knew that already lol, Ivy league also has their own fields of expertise..
    Don't forget that

10. Whoever says that is either ignorant or went to an online college.

11. #11 Deleted member 457210, May 16, 2012
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
    I'm a Wharton Business School graduate and if you people truly believe that higher level education is all hype and status symbols then you are all fooling yourselves...

The quality of education I personally received while attending school was much greater then all my friends who were attending almost every other school.

Prices for Ivy's aren't even that bad compared to some other schools. Nowadays all schools are pricey, there no getting away from it.

If you want to be succeed there is little one can do to get away from it though.

People who bag on college and good schools, only do because they couldn't make it into them, and need a good excuse to help them sleep at night.

12. Please elaborate.

13. Agreed.

14. I would go if I had the money .... Of course I'm sure I'll get some fine ass trophy wife who's a gold digger but as long as she put outs ....

15. I would def go to an ivy league school

Become a lawyer for runs kids or somethin

16. What do you do now, if its not too personal?

17. Currently I'm finishing up my testing so that I can become a CFA. As of now i'm stilling gaining experience so my pay isn't too great. Afterwards i'm thinking of going to work in private equities for a hedge fund run by my father's friend.

18. Yes, congrats lotzoplotz, you went to the best school for the subject you wanted to major in.

Should I go to UPenn for horticulture or UC Davis?

Should I go to UPenn for Astronomy/Astrology or UC Santa Cruz?

19. Well i suppose you could. This thread isn't about weather Ivy's give the best opportunity for all majors. The thread was would you go if you got in, and would it be worth it. And to answer OP, yes it would be worth it.

The people on the thread went off on a tangent saying how Ivy's and high level education schools are hype, which is false so I provided my opinion against that, that's all. Regardless Princeton and Harvard have great botany and Astronomy programs so i'd go there, not Pennsylvania which are more suited towards business and engineering.

20. Thanks for the legitament answers, much appreciated.