If you were a bum, where would you live?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Starfighter, Mar 23, 2014.

1. i would probably go to eugene oregon until i got money again. that city is very homeless friendly.

2. Nomadic for sure, but I'd head to the western USA first. Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Cali, Colorado... Plenty to see and do, and keep warm in those places. I'd head up north and travel Montana Oregon Idaho and Washington at some point.

3. Big Island, Kauai, Molokai- any island but Oahu and Maui

Lived there before with a bike- perfect climate, lots of free fruit to forage. There are many opportunities to help on farms for pay, free food and/or a place to stay. It rains for a bit and the sun comes out, quickly drying everything off. Many spiritual, generous, kind people, easy to hitchhike.

All you need: backpack with twist on stove, a green propane bottle, rice, oatmeal, tea, veggies and pick up fruit. A jug of drinkable water costs less than $1 to fill up for drinking and cooking. A journal, book, hammock, some incense, bag of ganja, even had a tent. It was fun avoiding the rangers and finding stealthy spots to camp

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Oh I too would be nomadic. Just get a high quality bike and a little lightweight trailer to haul behind me like the one in this video because it is fucking sweet as hell just could stand to be slightly bigger. and I would travel across the USA first and then Canada.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #145 Dizzy, Dec 25, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
    Lol this is a unique thread :)

I would be an underground cave lady lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Berkeley.

Bums are kings and queens there.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Santa Cruz, CA

• Like Like x 1
  8. Well that is what makes the thread so darn fun that it is weird AF.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. i'd scrape together some money and buy an old school GMC motorhome... i'd probably park that shit on a main street in mountain view or sunnyvale right next to other motorhome dwellers who can't afford to rent an apartment, and i can pretend to work for google or some shit

• Like Like x 1
  10. Muskoka, Ontario, Canada (that's a general area, I know, but any little town in and around this area is pure heaven)

11. Would have to be somewhere warm as fuck. Probably a small town without a drug problem

12. Cold as hell in the winter. I have a cottage 1 hour away from Muskoka. -40 most nights in the winter.

Sent from my E6560T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Wherever there are public showers.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'd go into the jungle and start growing veggies and herb.

15. I guess I'd suck at being a bum lol, but it is beautiful country there

16. Super nice out there. God's country. I'm heading there next weekend ice fishing.

Sent from my E6560T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Probably my mum's

18. out of sight out of mind

19. Probably head to the city that the homeless made out in the middle of nowhere or become a wondering druid growing tomatoes with my excrement and sleeping in the trees...

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Probably a small town without a drug problem

You’re only supposed to refer to real places.

J