if you want to buy a puppy, where do you go?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by letsmokeasweet, Sep 8, 2013.

1. hey all
    i was wondering where would i go if i wanted to buy a puppy?
    i tried craigslist, but they flag all the ads
    i tried ebay...nada

but i couldnt find anything else...does anyone have any ideas?

2. I buy mine from shelters because I just feel like they need a good home.

• Like Like x 6
    yea i went to one. they wanted me to fill out all this bullshit paperwork
    fucking boring and a buzzkill

simply, i just want to pick the dog and give the guy their money

• Like Like x 1
  4. They just want to make sure you will bring them to a good home and that you are an honest person so if you were bringing it to a good home and were going to be a good caregiver to the animal then you would have filled out the paper and got your dog and been on your way. I don't think you are ready for a dog.

• Like Like x 4
  5. EBay haha

No luck on cl really? I'd try the actual newspaper classifieds. But for real I'd adopt one

• Like Like x 1
  6. Shelters always man, stores run puppy mills and thats fucking horrible. Go to your local shelter and walk a few and see who you bond with there are plenty of good dogs in those places who need a good home.

7. Oodle is common and so is Craigslist even though they flag them just keep checking often. I agree shelters are nice but in my area 80% are either chiuahaha mix or pit bull mix and I don't want that. Plus I'd like a puppy and those are rare as well at shelters.

I'm currently looking for a corgi and its not easy to find any for less that 550 which is rough. :/

• Like Like x 1
  8. Op if youre too lazy or whatever to sign some papers , you shouldn't even have a dog

• Like Like x 5
  9. No joke man you're supposed to register dogs anyway in my area. I mean how hard is it to fill out some papers to get a best friend? The trade off is so worth it.

• Like Like x 1
    well who are they to decide if i am good enough for a dog?
    i have worked at shelters before and most of the people working there are power tripin rich people

they feel bad about having so much so they "give back" by working/hanging out at a animal shelter

if you like animals, NEVER DO COMMUNITY SERVICE AT A SHELTER. it will break your heart

the sad thing is, i have to do 60 something hours and i am thinking of going to one anyways lol

11. yea that is true i guess
    im weird in sme things i guess

its like here in texas i am not supposed to be smoking weed, but i do anyways
    so why would i register my dogs? dont the local goverment make you pay a fee for registring your dogs? or for a dogs licence or tags?
    i get them micro chipped. but that is for me so. i dont loose them. not for the goverment

not sure if yall figered it out, but i am not a big fan of rules and laws

my simple rules are to treat others the way i want to be treated. dont steal. dont disrespect a person. and never fuck another mas wife lol

13. Cant get live animals on CL or Ebay legally. you should check the shelters out and see if you can rescue one that would otherwwise be killed. if not, then a breeder. good luck either way and i hope you find yourself an awesome companion!

14. Cop

Choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil. - Jerry Garcia

• Like Like x 1
  15. you do realize you need to get a dog license for your dog no matter where you get it from, right? That's more paperwork to fill out. If you can't handle filling in basic personal information, can you handle taking the dog to the vet's office? training it? Not trying to be rude, but it's just best for everyone involved if you give serious thought to adopting a dog before you do it. 

(f.y.i., the reason they have that paperwork is so someone like michael vick can't walk in there and adopt all the pit bulls)

• Like Like x 2
  16. #16 llllllllll, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2013
    @[member="letsmokeasweet"] you do it on the internet if you want a ton of results.

You google search puppies for sale and then whatever area code you are in. You will find a bunch of sites. Be prepared to drive atleast an hour away if you want a good puppy unless you are very lucky

most sellers have the paperwork and shots for their dogs already

17. I would go with adoption, because plenty of dogs need good homes. Wait until you find one you like, and you will be doing a great service by saving the little guys life. I've always adopted all my animals, and they're always really great :)!

FYI saying this makes it abundantly obvious you dont know much about the michael vick case

19. He was involved with dog fighting and shelters don't want their animals to be used for that purpose. That's why they screen people a little before adoptions. If he's not a dog fighter, please, enlighten me. 

He bought a house for his cousin. how does that make him a dog fighter?