if you smoke weed, you need to read this...

Discussion in 'General' started by weedzilla420, Jul 31, 2006.

1. ...or if you do any drugs at all for that matter.

i found a book at barnes & noble called Busted!: Drug War Suvival Skills.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0060754591/104-5523499-8819931?v=glance&n=283155

it was written by a former DA turned defense attorney. it is extremely informative.

here are a couple of reviews:
    Wrong! The police no longer care for your well-being. Instead of stopping violent crime, they want to spend their time tracking down your local pothead. If you:
    -have ever done any drugs.
    -have ever used someone else's prescription.
    -have drugs in your house.
    -have drugs on your person.
    -are friends with anyone who does drugs.
    -are ever in the presence of drugs, (yes, just being near a drug or paraphernalia can land you in jail).
    -Or you just want to know your rights (or lack-of) get your self this book.

The police go through training to learn to trick you into incriminating yourself and as Fabricant shows, people have gone to jail for years for as little as .0042 grams of meth. Therefore, you need to know how to compose yourself when the cops show up. This is going to tell you what to do. Don't worry Fabricant is a lawyer. One of his main ideas is to get your self good representation.

As a lawyer, his writing is very knowledgable and also very funny. Many times I found myself laughing out loud.

Alls fair in love and war, and as far as the war on drugs goes- the police will do anything in order to get another conviction on their resume'. Don't make yourself an example of how locking up drug-users will never solve anything.

and

What could look nicer on a cop's resume for that promotion he's been wanting than a nice easy drug bust on your teen-ager. So what if he wasn't really involved - he was at the party. Former LA police Chief Daryl Gates said, "The casual drug user ought to be taken out and shot." The situation is different than it used to be. You may need to provide your teen with a little preventative maintenance - give him this book.

What Should I do if:

I'm keeping some dope in the house - p 22
    I'd prefer not to get busted for my roommate's dope - p 30
    While driving the dopemobile I see a flashing sign, "Drug Checkpoint 1 Mile" - p 155
    I want to pretend this bust never happened - p 323
    And 16 more....

The "Busted" Ten Commandments:

1. Thou shalt not deal.
    2. Thou shalt not do dope with kiddies. Anyone over 18 passes the pipe to anyone under 18 and the gloves are off.
    3. Thou shalt not covet more than a misdemeanor bust.
    4. Thou shalt not squander thy rights.
    5. and six more....

With anecdotal highlights on every page, this book is funny, realistic, and an eye-opener. It is written by a defense attorney who does not condone drug use in any way. Drugs are illegal. They will get you busted. Once you are in the system, it can be hard to get out.

I passed this book on to my teen-ager, who passed it on to his friends. A year later, I just found it - well-used and dog-eared. Although I don't think my son and his friends do drugs, today's world puts this type of information is in the same category as basic sex education - a little preventative maintenance goes a long way.

overall i found the book to be very informative and i think anyone who smokes or does any drugs owes it to themselves and their family to read this.

2. Good find, rep +

I don't personally need it.

I've never been caught yet, and not to mention; it's Canada!

I already know my rights and if I am busted, the most i'm facing is a fine, some community service and worst case scinario; a couple months of probation.

Nothing I can't handle :D

3. Yea this is mostly for US citizens. Cnadians don't really need this :)

The penalty for getting arrested with 4.5g of weed and 2.3g of hash is....dun dun dun.....60 hours community service and $75 fine, after which they withdraw the charges. Trust me.
    That's Toronto though.

4. Yeah and that's IF you get caught.

(I know you know) But you can walk down Queen street on a sunny weekend and see people toking up at store-fronts and on patios.

It's more socially accepted here, I've been seen by many cops while smoking, and they just cruise on past.

Of course, thats not to say it won't happen, I'm sure there are cops out there that enforce the cannabis laws to a T.

Welcome to Grasscity by the way, it's cool to see another Toronto blade in here :hello:

EDIT: by the way, that 75 dollar fine is equivilent to 65 bucks american.

5. Thanks for the welcome :)
    As for smoking on the street, there are places where it's safe, some places downtown and such (hotbox cafe). But don't try it in North York!

And about that fine, they told me (in court) that by some Canadian law a gram of has is equal to 30 grams of weed, but they said they only count that when the charges include trafficing, not just possession.. ;)

6. I'll have to check that out.

7. i'ma have to check it out.. just for the read and info

but haha.. not hard to realize the police are now major assholes against ppl & drugs...

like this one 'dealer turned addict' said best:

8. sounds decent but am I the only one who senses the writer is a tad too cocky?

also make sure whatever copy ya get is up to date (if he doesn't update it's probably a good sign to double check anything the book says)

good find tho

edit - your best right is to show ID or state your name and decline any fishy questions of entrapment they try to push at you

if they start double teaming you with questions and such to mix you up or breach your rights by digging in a bag without consent you call them on it and repeately call them on it till people around you hear and see what the fuck they're doing to you

you want all the eyes 'n ears you can get and to always be covered ...say nothing refuse searches and all together keep what all the boys sent off to war fought for...your freedoms :p

the more people who cover people on shit like this the less they can get away with locking people up for no reason

9. I love Toronto. I've seen piggies bunning before.

10. You know, i honestly wouldn't doubt that.

What part of the city?

The city cops are really laid back... most of the time.

There is a video on the net of the Toronto PD taking down a maniac with a butcher knife on the street by running him down with their crusiers. hahaha, motherfuckers don't play either.

But yeah, i've talked to cops casually (when im not smoking) and they're pretty laid back. They'll stand there are talk to you, especially the bike cops.

I've met my share of asshole cops, but they always seem to be the ones from the smaller suburban Precints and they're the younger guys :confused:

11. that makes sense if only they let good people carry like the swiss it would be a total package

no bs charges swift justice on psycho fucks in the safest fashion and good people ready to fuck some mugger/rapist up at the drop of a hat

12. Yo! I tell ya what. In da morning or at a day time I came out to my plaza and smoked my blunt in there, u know, many times, when there's a traffick of people coming from work, to work, to lunch, from lunch, constructors working outside and shit... I myself never got caught with a joint on the street at a day-time. Most of the caught-times were at night or evening time and in some quiet place in the park or parked in da car somewhere, u know... Sometimes most safe places are the most bate places, crowded places, u know... I think the police (btw, fuck the police, yo) when looking for stoners they try to look in places where they hide most, u know...
    Another thing - when u smoking a joint and there's nothing else left on you in pocket or anything else illegal - and u see cops coming by and stopping by all ya do is through the blunt somewhere and thats it. At least it will lower the chances of getting charged. "Where's your joint?" "What joint?" "The one u just smoked." "I did not smoke." "Why do u smell like u just smoked?" "I smoked 5 minutes ago before coming here." "So u smoked at a public place?" "No, at my backyard." "Ok, let me search u..." - and so on. Even if he searches and finds nothing u know what im sayin'? He can do nothing anymore.
    Yeah! Fuck the police!

13. lmfao damn almost forgot Rasta

gotta love Canada's AOC last I heard some dude was trying to get it dropped from 14 to 12

GO DUDE!