Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

If you saw a giant pot field would you just take a few plants?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by i enjoy weed, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Although I haven't done it yet, I probably would chain myself to a tree if it prevented the bulldozer from destroying it if I was presented the chance and didn't have to travel all that far to do it. (as I know the company will not just kill me)
    Saving a 500 year old Oak would be an honor. And yes, I have a long list of justifications, and you don't seem to have any valid arguments against them. You seem to have an unending, circuitous amount of negative criticism for a person wanting to protect a forest.
    And if you haven't realized it, industrialization has exploded since the mid 1800s. This has resulted in entire forests dying from increased pH levels, the ozone layer being destroyed, and a giant amount of garbage (like the Great Pacific Garbage Patch) in our seas. The forest managed to sustain itself just fine when the Chumash (the Native American people that lived here) use to walk through it, however people like to litter A LOT (if you haven't noticed). And I am quite certain that if this forest was not protected by Park Services, it would have succumbed to either a forest fire from someone dropping a cigarette butt or excessive amounts of litter. That or from people who like to walk off trails and trample the plants. It could sustain itself on its' own, however humans are present. And we like to mess things up.

2. #42 DAVlD, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yuppp

3. hey thanks for underlining the part where I said native nature, as in the plants that have been growing there for thousands of years. As in plants that do not include cannabis. Thanks for calling me an idiot and presenting absolutely no credible arguments to my points. All you seem to do is knit-pick the little details and criticize them as you cannot go against the other things I have to say. I'm fine with you leaving this thread. :wave:

4. "nug thug" knows his shit, everyone get off his dick. i completely agree with him on this. Especially if the growers are illegal immigrants, even more reason to sabotage their grow. +rep man!

• Like Like x 1

5. The only credible point I could seem to find they anyone presented is that stealing from someone else's hard work is wrong; which I do believe. I will simply never believe that it is okay to mess with that ecosystem in there. I love it too much. It seems that a lot of opposition arose against me simply because I appeared to be 'anti-Cannabis' because I didn't agree with damaging an ecosystem. Oh well, I don't mind it if a few people don't like me. Always believed that if you don't stand up for anything, no one will dislike you. When you stand up for what you believe in, you are bound to face opposition. When I stand up for what I believe in, I can also find the people that I can share common views with too.

6. #46 BMORE HiiiGH, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2011
    I dreamed abt this alot lately but if this would happen I would I would just try to buy some and get one of them crazy deals and a new connect lol

7. quite the coincidence isnt it?

8. When Number1Indica stated that, I really thought to myself, "hmm, I wonder if people would really be willing to do that sort of thing if they had no reason to do it"

9. #49 Renegade Angel, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Holy hell, LOL. That's scary...

On that note, I wouldn't touch a thing. I'd keep walking.

10. ROFL...when I read this I pictured that old Looney Tunes cartoon with Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck. It's the one when they were looking for Pismo Beach, and took that wrong turn at Albuquerque, and they ended up in a cave filled with treasure. Then Daffy Duck goes nuts and claims it all. :laughing:

But seriously, dude, stealing someone else's crop is so wrong.

11. When it comes to growers damaging our forests and other natural ecosystems, I don't blame the growers, I don't blame immigrants, illegal or otherwise. I blame the government and our fucked up, archaic drug laws. If cannabis was legal, growers wouldn't be hiding their crops in our national forests in the first place. They wouldn't have to. Just my .02 cents.

12. It depends.... If its in the jungle, no, cuz then its a geurilla operation,
    If its on some random island for no reason, yes, cuz its not one mans, its everybodies.

13. I really do appreciate the first seemingly credible point made. I do agree, it is terrible that the government has done this to us and they are the ones who I believe should be held accountable more than anyone else should. However, I do not believe that this is a credible excuse for people to damage the forest. Obviously, they do not have a whole lot of choices. Even still, I do not believe that there is any credible excuse to damage a forest. I understand that this is completely a matter of opinion, but I believe that this forest, one of two that are protected where I live, has needs that come before the wants of people. I state that it is a want of the people, as I live in California, a State that has legalized medicinal marijuana. If people need it here, they can get a medicinal card. These growers seem to be people that are distributing for the people who simply want it; rather than need it. For this reason, I still believe that the growers should still be held accountable for their actions of damaging the forest. It would love to have the central government held accountable, but it is hard to try them for a crime in their own system (sadly).

14. Shit, i live in california. If they are hurting our ecosystem, ill help you out buddy. Ill bring all the firepower we need in case of any possible confrontations from the illegal "wet-back" mexican's growing in my forest! They really can't do much when i got an auto shotgun shelling out 250 rounds per mins aimed at their heads.

Of course this is all hypothetically speaking right!?!? but really, im down. like seriously, down like a clown charlie brownnnnnnnn. anything to protect mother nature!

15. #55 SimC33, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2011

When I thought I'd seen all the looney toons and thought I'd recognize which one you were gonna say, I have no idea what episode your talking about. ESPECIALLY them looking for Pismo Beach?! How do you remember that? Lol

But back on topic...I initially would say yes, but then I'd sit there a minute probably stoned and go into serious deep thought conversation with myself in my head and eventually decide no...you gotta think of it from their shoes. If you were working your ass off walking to the site with equipment or what have you and you did it often like I'm sure alot do, I know I'd be pretty pissed off if I came back and discovered that someone had jacked my shit. I don't think my conscience would allow it.

Shit, I grow in my house in a grow tent upstairs and put (minimal required) work into my girls that are just 10ft away up a flight of stairs and in an air conditioned house and I'd be royally pissed of if someone just stumbled across my grow upstairs and took what they felt necessary. (obviously would have to break in), but you get the point.

Those of you who would take a stash of their grow, just proceed with caution! Haha didn't realize I'd written this much on such a simple question. One last hit and bed time! :smoke:

16. I wouldn't cuz then they follow me home and steal mine!

17. I thought i found one once, shit was sketchy, signs saying we'd be shot and stuff, turns out it was only a hemp farm

18. Daffy the Greedy Slob...lol
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gTwfw3-SOc"]YouTube - Daffy the Greedy Slob[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fU6VLVbA2A&feature=related"]YouTube - Daffy's Golden Discovery[/ame]

19. Nah, I'd track the owner and ask for some clones/seeds though. :smoke: