If you really knew me

Discussion in 'General' started by peacelove&420, Jul 21, 2010.

1. :wave:

So Spikey and I came across an awesome show on MTV called "If you really knew me" where a group of motivational/positive people go to middle and high schools around the country and have a "challenge day" where they are involved in several bonding exercises. The most powerful is one where they are separated into small groups and must start a sentence with "If you really knew me.." and tell something the others in the group would knew, well, if they really knew them. I think it's an awesome program that shows people everyone struggles and has things they have to deal with, no need to add in bullying or prejudice.

So, why don't we have our own "if you really knew me" GC edition. Tell us something we would knew if we knew what was going on in your mind and life.

begin :)

2. If you really knew me you'd know that I have an addictive personality that can sometimes get the best of me.

[:(]

3. If you knew me, you'd know I'm actually really shy and insecure. I don't let it cripple me though, I just gotta force myself into social situations.

4. If you really knew me, you would know that when I'm all alone in the house I like to sneak and play my daughter's guitar. I used to play all the time before I got sick. Now that I cannot control my muscles, and my hands hurt when I squeeze the frets, and my shoulder hurts when I strum, I make a lot of mistakes when I play. It embarrasses me, and it upsets me and makes me angry sometimes. So I only play now when I'm alone.

5. If you really knew me you'd know I would love to go back in time and be a complete and total hippy. And that I absolutely hate the way people are governed and herded around like animals. or that I don't understand how the location of your birth makes you any more or less deserving of food, water, etc that the rich are able to have, does being a human being mean nothing?

6. if you really knew me, you'd know i have the best intentions but sometimes let it get out of hand. like superman in Red Son.

7. if you really knew me, you would know that under all my confidence i am insecure.

8. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGzhutyOMSk]YouTube - Tim Minchin : 'If You Really Loved Me' - music video[/ame]
    If you really knew me you'd know I got to meet the guy in the above video, which is totally relevant.

9. If you really knew me, I'd have to kill you...

10. they came to my high school last year but they randomly picked like 100 kids to do it and i didnt get picked and apparently it was pretty nuts ppl were cryin for like days from it

11. if you really knew me, you wouldnt wonder i want to play some hockey so fuckin bad

12. #12 Buddha Smoker, Jul 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2010
    The idea is good, but the fact that it is on mtv ruins the concept. They only aired the show because it's part of mtvs new trendy agenda. I would rather go around and do the same thing, except there would be no money or airtime involved. If those kids found out they were NOT going to be on mtv(tv in general) they would not be interested.

If you really knew me, you would know I am the most kind and caring person, despite my bipolarity and my being strongly opinionated.

13. That's not true. School programs like the one that aired on MTV are popping up in high schools all over the country. Even right here in the little schools in Kentucky. Kids from these school participate because they want to. MTV had nothing to do with it.

14. Agreed. Programs like this are exactly what our shitty hate-filled schools need right now.

15. If you really knew me, you would know I need help.

16. I think programs like this are necessary in schools today. Schools are the breeding grounds for hate and discrimination that carries with you your whole life, rather you were bullied or the bully. I went to a private christian school in the bible belt and from k-12 I was picked on and made fun of by a group of guys that named themself as cool. It still bothers me even though I know they're probably in their 20's doing the same shit they did at 12 and I'm making something of my life. I just don't think any child should be the focus of hatred or bullying, it's 100000000% unnecessary and CAN be stopped. If they started these programs when kids were younger (in modified ways) then I think at least some of it could be stopped, and it's something I would love to be a part of. Kids ARE the future, and look at the shit at schools now. Shootings/rape/assaults/all sorts of violence/vandalism/bullying/suicide/etc.

When do kids just get to be KIDS? They deal with this shit at school then go home to who knows what. I understand the biggest bullies usually have the most shit going on at home, so why not get SOMEONE involved? Have the kids go talk to a counselor each week. Have a teacher truly try to get to know a child so they can help them. If people these days weren't so caught up in themselves we could get through to children that the way schools are now is NOT okay. Kids should be able to play on the playground without worrying about being stabbed during tag. It's so frustrating to me and I hope others agree.

/rant

17. Most of them choose not to and that is their fault. They try and act all old and immature, it's hilarious. Back when I was in elementary school and junior high we never thought about sex or drugs, hell a lot of us didn't even know anything about both. Now you have ten year olds getting knocked up and thirteen year olds in rehab. It's party the medias fault, but then again those kids DO have the slightest bit of intelligence to not do everything they do. There were violent video games when I was younger, there was eminem and biggie but only a few of us let that influence us. And those kids everyone else thought were tools so the numbers never grew.

18. I'd love to follow you around for a day. I would love to watch you live a day with your crazy mind-sense that you are perfect and would do the exact right thing in every situation. :rolleyes: There is always more to it than you think, so please stop trying to be the expert about everything, and belittle many people as you do it.

Anywayy...

If you really knew me, you'd know that i'm so scared of being alone, that i'll settle on the people in my life.

19. I partially agree. I do think each person chooses their path but as a kid trying to gain acceptance will do things they normally wouldn't. I had a lot of trouble growing up because of the bullying and cliques, not the violence aspect. I didn't go to a public school and at mine it luckily wasn't as big of an issue, but the bullying is everywhere because if kids pick a mutual person/thing/idea to team up on they are part of something, which is all they really want. I know a lot of "good kids" that tried to impress others and were completely different after. I'm saying programs like this need to be in place to show kids we all have issues and insecurities, ALL of us. That gives them something to be united about instead of picking on someone.

But you can not possibly put the majority of the blame on the 5-12 year olds. They have PARENTS who are responsible for them. I know they aren't always around, but if you instill positive values and ideas in their heads and support them they will be more likely to stay on a good path IMO. I know every single situation is different, but I know of a lot of parents that support bullying and join in. That is INSANE. The trashy of the people of the world keep reproducing and passing that shit on to the next generations. I just hate all the negativity and how people think it's okay to treat another living breathing human poorly for ANY reason. We are all the same, we all think/eat/drink/sleep/love/hate/die just like everyone else. We all have problems to deal with, no matter how "perfect" of a life you lead. Everyone needs to embrace each other instead of ridiculing for our own selfish reasons.

20. if you really knew me, you'd know it takes awhile to really get to know me.

good thing i'm never in one place for too long :bolt: