If you please let me know if a few seeds ruins a female plant ?

Discussion in 'General' started by bopster777, Aug 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. I live on a ranch have a legal grow outdoors, organic, and all female plants. Checked for hermies and none. Problem is that a ranch neighbor had a male plant caught the wind and seeded a few of my plants. Actually 5 out of 25. There are only a few seeds and the plants are generating good growth, lots of female flowers and trichromes are very apparent. My question is how much do the few seeded flowers affect the THC levels and the other question is that I am taking out about 15 seeds on each of the five affected plants. Will this help ? Here's what Ed Rosenthal the Bible of Marijuana growing wrote "Pollinated females put their energy into seed production, rather than growing flowers. Buds are dense formations of flowers. They will continue to grow in density on the branch for four to six weeks as long as they remain unpollinated. Should a significant number of the flowers become pollinated, the plant will stop producing more flowers and will instead focus its energy on seed production. Seeded buds contain less useable flower material than unseeded buds.". How much do you think this will be the total effect on these beautiful (otherwise) female plants ?

2. Hey :) this should not effect the plant, i have had this happen to me a few times and from my experience as long as no more than 20% of the plant has been pollinated you should be ok, once you go past around 20-25% of the plant being pollinated thats when the plant may switch and start focusing on seeds rather than your buds. I would monitor them regularly and as long as you dont get any more pop up they should be ok.

Hope this helped... 420King

• Like Like x 1