If You Know Anything About Psychology Can You Please Help?

Discussion in 'General' started by TokePuppy, Jan 26, 2011.

1. So my teacher gave me this Assignment, but its my GFs B Day so I have to go out to dinner and I'm taking her somewhere special after( the place where we first met):hello:

And Ill probably end up crashing at her place so can any fellow blades help me with atleast one of these? It just has me stumped....

Here is the thing he emailed us....

1. Algorithms..........Group polarization
    2. Heuristics...........Dendrites
    3. Schemas............Companionate Love
    4. Mental Set..........Dependent Variable
    5. Functional Fixedness.........Zygote

Example: Availability Heuristic...........Cognitive Dissonance

1. The availability heuristic is a rule of thumb we use to judge the likelihood of something compared to our prototype.
    2. A prototype is our best representation of something in a certain category which is constructed by our schemas
    3. Our schema is a mental grouping of different things into categories, it is strongly associated with Piaget
    4. Jean Piaget is a developmental psychology who broke our developmental stages into four distinct stages. The second stage is known as preoperational.
    5. The preoperational stage is when children between 2 and 7 use “magical” thinking and struggle with egocentrism.
    6. Egocentrism is the concept that children can not see the world from any other view than their own. This stage ends as they begin to be able to view the world from a different perspective. One theory that can explain this is if a child has to act in a certain way but believes something different it can lead to cognitive dissonance.
    7. Cognitive Dissonance is when our attitudes do not match our actions, we change our attitudes.

Thank you SOO much if you help!

2. Im not sure...but are you asking us to do your homework? haha