If you have derealization, read this: I may have made a scientific breakthrough.

Discussion in 'General' started by Matticus, Apr 5, 2009.

1. So I have this hypothesis that derealization is related to trace amounts of DMT being released in your brain while awake.

If you are not aware of what DMT is, it's the molecule that is released in our brain at night which creates our dreams, it is present in nearly every plant and can easily be extracted and used as a hallucinogen.

When I first experienced derealization, I:

1) Couldn't control it
    2) Didn't want it

Now, I can achieve this dream like state with enough focus, and after doing research online, I think I may have made a breakthrough in derealization research.

The gland which produces DMT in the brain is the pineal gland.

In meditation, one of the so called "chakras" that can be accessed is the universal crown chakra, which is located at the pineal gland in your brain. Once this area can is accessed, a dream-like state is produced coupled with a fuzzy, numb feeling in your brain that may spread throughout your body.

My hypothesis is that there is stimulation in the pineal gland while awake, possibly a release of DMT, that may confuse you into thinking you are dreaming.

I know most of you here do not want this feeling, but it has become a part of who I am. Without it, life seems empty. With it, while I may feel unmotivated in the sense that worldly possessions and our societal values are unimportant to me, that may not be a bad thing. I look at it in a sense of enlightenment, something many people try to achieve their entire lives and cannot reach.

I think I may try and get a study together at a university specializing in advanced neurology to test my hypothesis.

2. Do you have any advice for conjunctivitis in my third eye?

3. As i said in your other thread, i have had Derealization for a year now. I too have thought about your DMT theory. In Fact i thought about it the other day and thought it could be a possibility.

4. It's usually caused by getting dust or a small insect stuck in a chakra.

5. Dammit dude I've wasted so much money on chakra realignment that it's not even funny

6. Although I do not appreciate my thread being moved in a joking direction, I can understand where you are coming from if you have never experienced this feeling.

7. I agree. It can fuck your world up. I was a mess at 1st.

8. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!

Ooh dear, sorry about that, I meant to say "Good luck with your studies and don't forget to update us regularly"

How's "Kelly" today?

cough, nutter, cough

9. I'm in grad school right now for this, and trust me, you won't be doing anything other than memorizing the names of every goddamn brain fold and wrinkle and their neurological pathways.

That kind of research is what you do after you get a degree, when you can fund your own studies. It's an awfully short-sighted, and nearly impossible study to enact as well.

10. Say as you wish.

11. Is there any quantitative measurable number to measure DMT output?

12. Once all your chakras align you'll have the power of the third eye and all will be revealed to you - why study when you can just meditate?

it's all in the purple aura dude

:bolt:

13. Why do you make jokes at the expense of others?

14. OP nevermind them, keep doing you and keep seeking what you're looking for. People are always gonna be people.

15. because it makes the world a happier place

and besides if you actually study DMT or anything to do with it at a University I will fly unaided to the moon, orbit round it a few times, I dunno, maybe 3 or 4 times and then fly back

i'm not trying to be a jerk to you Matt but your last threads are well, how do you say, a little strange to say the least:-

Chakras, vibrations, purple auras, possession, derealisation, depersonalism, Kelly, Diana and now this

16. Why are you against things that may seem strange to you?

17. DMT output from the pineal gland like Dr. Strassman suggests (I only ask this because you bring up the crown chakra)? Only roughly, and through measuring its methyltransferases (the chemical components needed to make DMT). At this point we have absolutely no clue where it's synthesized in the brain (the pineal gland is just a good guess), we just know that it shows up.

So you would have to pinpoint exactly where it's coming from.

18. i'm not at all - when I was younger I was into spiritualism, astral planes, third eyes - I had a girlfriend who was a buddhist and we did all sorts of weird hippy shit - dude I had the freakiest, trippiest experiences all over the world and I can honestly say that it was the drugs - lots of drugs

it's your statement that you "may have made a scientific breakthrough" when the reality is that you've just thought about this - you have no scientific basis for your "breakthrough" other than probably being a bit permastoned or some other state of mind brought on by drugs - whatever you want to call it

I'd be more concerned about your recent hallucinations than trying to make "scientific breakthroughs"

19. My. Thoughts. Exactly.

20. I think the jokes were invited because there is no science in this thread, just supposition. The scientific method was not applied at all. It's not even really a theory, more like philosophical pseudo-scientific musing that might form a hypothesis that can be tested with some work.