If You Have a Stress Induced Hermie, Can You Save It's Pollen For Fem Seeds?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Mashiro, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Basically what the title says. I was wondering if you fuck up too much and stress the plant out so much that she hermies, can you save it's pollen some way for later girls to make some feminized seeds?

2. IKR....I wondered this too...Like If I grew 2 dank strains and 1 came out to be a boy:laughing:
    Could I chop off His pollen balls (Lol) and put them In a Clean baby food jar (Like an air-tight baby mason jar) and store them in a freezer........I mean thats damn good bludreams pollen for future grows........

3. Great question! How long is the pollen viable for?????

4. well you would need to let the hermie flower for 3-4 weeks until the flowers begin to open up. Then you need to extract the pollen by simply shaking the branch over a mirror. collect the pollen in little vials. place the vials (without the lids on them) into a mason jar filled with rice for about a week. they key is NO MOISTER! once you've done this then you can put the lids on the vials and store the pollen in a fridge or a freezer.

The life of marijuana pollen is disputed. some people say it will last 6 months. I believe its still use-able up to 2 years! It may not be as potent (maybe 10-20 seeds a bud instead of 70-100) but it will still get the job done.

5. when a female plant hermes it will produce its own seeds. these seeds will be feminized. plant these seeds at a later date and 99% of the time you will have a female.

6. Hmm. Would like to know answer as well,, if that pollen could be used to make feminized seeds on other plants, even other strains or just original hermied plant

7. Exactly...

Think of the seed from a hermie as a female "clone"

8. i dont think a female herm can produce pollen. they just produce seeds for survival asexually