If you HAD to...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tray Dub, Oct 10, 2008.

1. This one is for all you libertarians, greens, whatever. The ones that don't support either candidate.

If you HAD (HAD!!!) to vote for either Obama or McCain, who would it be for and why?

2. #2 Perpetual Burn, Oct 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2008
    Obama... because he makes people happy. :)

Plus, we will have to raise taxes to continue the nanny state.
    Two generations of minorities will have living proof that anyone can make it in America.
    The FED will probably get more money in circulation as to not scapegoat the first black president.
    I trust his judgement over McCain's.
    There is much to learn about this "phenomenon."
    He seems genuinely compassionate towards the American people.
    He's cool... I'd like a cool president. You know, as compared to an Ivy Legue educated genius who pretends to be a bumbling idiot to excuse his nefarious policies. ;)

3. Obama... cuz McCain would die in office... leaving that half-wit palin in charge

4. I used to like McCain when he ran agianst Bush, but now he is Bush third term and it pisses me off.

He used to be a maverick but he went and got old on me.

I will probly vote for Obama.

5. *flips coin* heads: Obama

why? because the coin said so....

seriously though, Obama because at least he would fool the world into thinking that we aren't complete idiots like GW Bush.

6. I'd move to Canada.

7. Hell yeah, Cheap weed and free healthcare ^_^
    whats not to like about canada.

8. it's cold

9. that guy is getting a show on comedy central in about 2 years, my guess.

That was good.

10. I live in minnesota, im use to it.

11. Thats all fine and good man but what damage would he do to us at home through his agenda of taxation and entitlement programs and more federal control over the states and with the appointments of justices who legislate from the bench, etc.

McCain on the other hand i don't believe will have the political juice with democratically controlled houses to fuck anything up any worst and he will only serve one term and even thought Palin would be the republican front runner in 2012, that doesn't guarantee her the presidency, the democrats may have a more suitable candidate by then or there may be heavier support for a third party candidate by then.

I just feel Obama would cause more damage than hes worth to small business and the middle class.

12. I'd see which one of them approved of the bailout. Then vote for wheover was against it.

13. I would tell everyone im voting for obama, but secretly vote McCain because of Laissez-Faire

14. They both supported it.

Unless that's your point. :eek:

15. i hear ya man.. i didn't say i was voting for the dude, i was just saying that i would vote for him because his speaking skills are better than McCain. As far as policy, we're fucked either way.
    And Obama will win my state by 20+ points regardless of who i vote for anyway :(

16. Yeah, i hear you. I live in PA. but i think McCain still has a chance here regardless of what the polls say. i live in a heavy democratic region of pa. and this is the first time i can remember not seeing any signs lining the highway in support of the democratic candidate. There are a lot of McCain signs however.

17. my state, Florida, used to be strong republican, now it is leaning democrat, so if I vote for McCain it might actually help his cause, But idunno.

18. If I HAD to vote, it would go to McCain. Sorry, I don't need anymore money from my family being stolen to help fund all of the unnecessary bullshit in this country. Just because someone makes over a certain amount of money/year doesn't mean they are "rich". Everyone has expenses.
    I'll pass on Obama's dream of universal healthcare, too. And I'd like to protect the 2nd amendment.

I disagree with McCain on quite a bit of things, but I agree with him on far more issues than I do with Obama.

19. Hahahaha that was hilarious! Definitely the best Obama impression I've seen yet.