If you had to pick one of these bongs (and why)

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by MrSpicoli, May 5, 2022.

1. I would avoid the Showerhead Lightbulb Beaker. The green glass pieces inside can break off (but the bong still works), at least that's my experience.

2. Personally I would go with a different one. Either the Black Leaf 9mm Ice Bong, $98 or The Thick Boy super heavy 9mm for $89. The difference between 5mm and 9mm is massive. The bong will last much longer. Just my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I do like percolators but like a heavier glass. Of these 3 I'd go with the second one.

4. #5 MrSpicoli, May 6, 2022
    Last edited: May 6, 2022
    Is 10 inches too short for a bong too cool the smoke enough? Are percs necessary? I will probably use on a weekly basis.

6. Beakers are best tilted at 45 when lighting the bowl. The straight tubes work a bit better if you hold it straight but then you have to bend your neck towards the ground. Keep the percs to a minimum or none.

7. I prefer beakers but I'd choose the last one on the list.

8. The thick boy has massive volume , I can’t handle mine too well I run out of air . Right now I don’t got any good weed so can’t test it out more .
    Maybe if you got lungs of steel go for it, I regret not choosing a perc bong .

9. I've had good luck with a straight simple beaker bong with second perc on the side, easy to take off the perc as it typically will need more cleaning than the main glass bong. My brother has a double perc bong with the percs built into the beaker and its impossible to clean. Plus the perc is much more delicate than the beaker (more tubes, tiny tubes, more glass) and therefore more likely to break. Way less painful to buy a new $40 pec attachment than a whole new bong.

Not smoked out of a lot of different bongs though, maybe 4-6.

If I had one gripe with any of the pieces you listed, it would be that the manufacturer has their giant logo on them, and thats just one of my pet peeves, if I'm already paying for the glass, why do I also need to give the place that sold it free advertising?

Lot of places its just a cheap sticker or print on that a razor or a heat gun can pull off pretty easily though.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. I've thrown away many good pieces just because they were hard to clean. To get the best out of a bong, it really needs to be squeaky clean. I like simple beaker or straight bongs with an ash catcher added because they can be cleaned quickly and easily. (I'd stay away from showerheads, but that's just me.) There are 3 choices there (without showerheads) that look like good choices. Just make sure its good glass ! Cheap chinese glass is worthless and will break--almost guaranteed !

I'd go with this, but the cost is low and I'd be a bit worried about the glass quality. Maybe try something similar from Grav labs as an example. You don't need to buy a roor or iladephia, but a little more money spent will give you a piece that will last a lifetime.

*CLEARANCE* TAG - 14" Straight Tube 50x9MM - 18/14MM Downstem (3.75") (thickassglass.com)

11. #13 daryelcorran, Aug 22, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
    the Black Leaf 9mm Ice Bong, $98 or The Thick Boy super heavy 9mm for $89. The difference between 5mm and 9mm is massive.