If you had to lose one sense, what would it be?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by iBeezy, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Just curious to see what you guys would lose if you HAD to lose one of your 5 basic senses

-sight, hearing, smelling, touching, or feeling.

Which one would you rather lose?

2. What about tasting? Touching and feeling is the same thing.

I'd give up the sense of smell.

3. smell, but only because mine sense o smell is almnost gone anyway, and i never really missed it. maybe when someone goes wow do you smell that an i am like no :-( thats bad, i dont pick up on sublte smells, strong ones like smoke and marinara and gardenia yes.

4. definately smelling
    btw, why do you ask?
    [​IMG]

5. Smell. I don't have good smell anyways so it wouldn't be terrible to live without.

6. Don't you guys realize that if you lose your sense of smell you lose a lot of your ability to taste too because much of that is done through your nose, only basic tastes (sweet, sour, etc) are based on your tongue (taste buds).

I'd probably say sight, though I'd rather not lose any of my senses, lol. Just because when you lose one of your major senses the other become stronger to compensate, and I think tripping without any vision would be crazy, like sensory deprivation you can't step out of.

7. you are of course right about taste, i found it has allowed me to eat and try new things, some i know i would not like if i had full smell. but spicy, i love red hot spicey food, not being able to smell alot actually lowers the heat level of the spice, but increases the flavor, you dont notice the heat as much so flavors that would be lost to full smelling people are lost to them but i pick them up due to the whole heat issue. so i eat foods that others go good god about (actually had a BBWW waitress not want to give tme thier hottest wings, then she actually watched me eat al of them and was like OMG no one ever eats them, not all of em, LOL

8. I think of all of them, I MIGHT see touch as being the easiest to handle.

A friend of mine actually lost his ability to feel most sensations except deep tissue damage in his hands after a boating/rafting incident he suffered around his early adult years.

Though I'm not sure if touch would simply be all physical sensations or simply the hands.

So difficult to sacrifice.

9. ha ha...

definately smell... but that'd be shitty not to smell yourself if you stunk.
    I couldn't lose my sight,hearing,feeling I'd prob go insane.
    taste would also be gay I guess...

fuck it I'm not losing any senses lol

10. i sat in complete darkness and silence a few times when i was triping on acid before it was very nice similar to a sencery deprevation tank....fuck i loved it was like going to other worlks in my head!!!!!
    i could servive without any of them but would prefer to keep them given the choice?

11. Its harder to choose between sight or hearing. but id loose my smell, even if i coudnt taste my buds to good anymore.

12. eh sight, hearing, smelling, touching , and taste ?

i guess smell...that would suck to be blind or deaf..and not feeling anything would suck cuz you couldnt fuck

13. I would give up seeing dead people.

Edit: if you don't get it, you suck.

14. Touch

For obvious reasons.

15. Probably my spidey-sense.:D

16. Touch

Because I don't know if I could get through life without tasting good foods the way I like them. But I don't know if I could get through life without feeling sex either...