If you had three eyes you would see everything two times?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Lavions, Mar 22, 2015.

1. #1 Lavions, Mar 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2015
    Just think about it. Btw, I am high as fuck.

2. I think your field of vision would be larger. That's it.

3. Dude what? Two times?

...what?

4. #4 BlazedGlory, Mar 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2015
  5. 1 and 1/2 times at most

6. You've reminded me of a Ted talk that I watched a while ago. This neuroscientist is investigating how he can artificially manipulate our senses so we can perceive more of our surroundings than we have evolved to be able to perceive. Even when the source of this sensory information is artificial, our neuroplastic brains adapt and learn to make sense of this new information. The perception through our senses can also be rearranged. He has deaf people who have learned to hear by the sense of touch. 

https://www.ted.com/talks/david_eagleman_can_we_create_new_senses_for_humans?language=en

7. Doubtful, for the same reason we only see one picture with two eyes, instead of two distinct ones. Your brain receives the information from each eye in the respective visual cortex, but processes into a single picture that we see. A third eye would probably enlarge our field of vision, but our brains aren't set up to produce two different mental 'pictures' at once.

Yeah, just a third eye on presumably the forehead wouldn't be of much use. Another pair of eyes in the back of the head would be more likely, allowing almost 360 degree vision if the corresponding brain systems were added as well.

Still, I have no idea how I would stay oriented if I had 360 degree vision XD

9. It's honestly kind of tripping me out to even imagine having 360 degree vision. I feel like that's more vision than the rest of my brain could even react to. Though I suppose it wouldn't be too much of an issue if we had a separate visual cortex for each eye? Idk, still seems like it'd be trippy as fuck to me :laughing:

10. It's possible to have 360 degree vision with your third eye, or rather spherical vision.

11. #11 landrace, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
    If I had three eyes I'm going to sunglass hut. It's going to be really akward, I will then proceed to roll a blunt off the counter while having everyone run around looking for three lens glasses, I will blow pretentious blunt smoke in their little worried faces and if they were to find a sunglass i would decline and make some random excuse "oh I can't wear those, they make my third eye look even bigger" ..... EXHALE    

12. 11/10 you must have been high when you wrote that :D

13. Your brain would just process the images into one, like it does with your two eyes atm. Sorry man

We call him Chief Kief now

14. #14 The Stud, Mar 23, 2015
    Unless your third eye was at like several miles distance from the other two, I think you would just see a larger image. 

15. Having 3 testicles is more important than having 3 eyes

16. #16 garrison68, Mar 23, 2015

yea but cumbersome to walk because the middle ball always pop out! 

18. ROFL [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. having a third eye would cause vision and brain problems.  As we are bilaterally symmetrical, the third eye would have to be on either side, which would result in one half of the occipital lobe being larger than the other.  You'd need four eyes for it to work.

Contrary to popular belief, the pineal gland is not a third eye this belief arises from the parietal eye found in reptiles.  In mammals and birds, the parietal eye is absent, and only the pineal gland is present.