If you got drafted...

Discussion in 'General' started by bkadoctaj, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Most people don´t realize that the armed forces need lots of cooks, butlers, tailors, mechanics, technicians, engineers, doctors, lawyers etc. If you have a useful skill or profession, most chances are you won´t go directly into action. Lots of desk jobs and nerds are needed to fight a war. Those kickass drones and stuff don´t build and maintain themselves.

2. Why Fuck all the military? Fuck the politicians, fuck the generals, but blessed be the soldiers. marines, sailors, and airmen, cause, like or not, without them, you'd be fucked. So, junior just remember that a 19 year old Lance Corporal doesn't know any more about politics than you obviously don't, he may have been lured in by tales of glory, elegant uniforms, money, adventure, or may have not been sure what he wanted to do with his life, so while he falls dead for a country whose respect and admiration he deserves but doesnt get, you can say go fuck yourself... go fuck yourself that really steps on my toes and im sure plenty of others, the main thing vets want is to be loved by the same country that they love and gave so much for. Killing sucks and no one wants to, but sometimes it is necessary, don't hold it against someone for doing thier job.

3. it depends on the enemy. terrorists + guerrilla warfare? fuck that, i would kill to many "civilians".

4. fuckin leave.
    this aint my country.

5. I would be in before the draft. I would fight and die for my country to protect the rights and way of life of all its citizens. No question...

6. Ive got a medical condition that would make me useless over there, "Lung problems" so they wouldnt even draft me.

7. Well as for the draft if they did Id probly go but Id be reluctant. But hell think of it this way if they draft you fuck em light up a J every chance you get and when they yell at you for it tell um to fuck off you told me to be here Imma smoke if I want. So yeah Id fight but It would be with a blunt in my mouth and a bong in my ruck sac. Get some.

8. If there is ever another draft, a lot of us will be put to work instead of on the lines.

9. Well living in Canada, I chose Fight. Its interesting that leave the country and fight are almost tied.

10. All is well :)

11. Only if I got to be on the front lines.

12. Even though I am often angered by my government and wish to change it. I love my country, and I would die for it.

13. I'd fight if it was a righteous cause like WW2. Not this Iraq/Afghanistan B.S.

14. i would never risk the possibility of losing my life over a cause i don't believe in

15. Other:

I'd get drafted in, get all the intense training from the badass British Army (;)), maybe join the SAS if time and skill permitted, allow my subtle influence to spread though at least some of my comrades, then steal all the gear, weapons and ammunition I needed and go mercenary, hopefully encouraging a few other elites to follow my lead. We shall fight for our own beliefs, do covert sting operations and go behind enemy lines working outside any laws of the land, yet helping those who truly need it. If we need funds, we'll do the dirty work for the highest bidder :D

Who's with me?

16. Buy me a plane ticket to London and suck up about how cool my American accent is when I arrive. THEN we'll talk. :D

17. I don't have it in me to kill someone, couldn't join.

18. I find it a little disheartening that only about a third of us blades would fight for this country if asked to do so. I understand idea that you don't want to fight for something you don't believe in, but I feel like being drafted is like paying taxes, you may not want to pay the government that you don't support, but it is one of your duties as an American.

We're all gonna die sometime, might as well die for something much bigger than I am.

19. it's the "rebel" inside of them

I would fight if our country was attacked or it was a righteous cause.

20. Run. I dont buy into this whole patriotic bullshit.