If you ever replaced the screen on an Iphone click here

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Tree Of Life, Aug 11, 2013.

1. #1 Tree Of Life, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2013
    So I dropped my phone the other day and now I have this completely shattered screen. Definitely could use a new one, but not sure what to do because the parts are kind of expensive and I'm not really looking to go over $50. Maybe $75, but I really don't want to go too crazy with the cash, and I do NOT want to get a new phone. That's like $600. I'm trying to save, not blow it all on an Iphone...

Has anybody cracked their Iphone screen before and got itfixed relatively cheap?

2. Depends what iPhone anything before 4 I can do in less than 10 minutes the 4 takes a little longer cause you gotta go from the back 5 I have never done. Cost like 20 bucks as long as you didn't fuck up the actual led search eBay for digitizer http://www.ebay.com/gds/The-Truth-about-iPhone-4-Screen-Replacement/10000000018284855/g.html good luck

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Thanks man. I have the 4 by the way. So I should just order the screen? Don't the actual tools cost like $50 as well?

4. You could do it yourself without much knowledge about fixing them all you need to know is how to use a screwdriver basically. Just look up a diy vid on youtube and order the parts.

5. Naw only tool u really need is a jewels screwdriver

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Okay, cool. I'll check it out. :hello:

7. Don't know if you fixed the phone yet can help out make sure you get the right digi or else you will need to swap bezels...the plastic around the digi.....there is a proximity sensor and on the new digi you need to make sure the little "window" is dark enough so the prox sensor will work. Be carefull pulling the flex cables up I have seen so many noobs rip resistors off and soldering that small takes a little getting used to....don't bend the digitizer and LCD cables to much or you will break the screen and be carefull when you pull the LCD and digi cables through the mid frame I have seen soooooo many people rip them....if you need help sourcing quality parts I can sell you a digi (not the cheapest but great quality $30 for the digi)....

I own/run an apple only repair shop if you need any help hit me up