If you don't know, your gonna wanna.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by nleafdank, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Hey guys quick question that i think everyone could benefit from more details on. I recently heard a story of using a battery to power your grow system and was wondering if anyone had more details or knew if this was possible? The story goes that you can charge up batteries (like marine batteries) at another location and run your hps off them for your 12/12....Now if this is possible a large initial cost is worth taking on for the benefits.....anyone have a clue or could lend a hand?

2. It may be possible to do so.... You won't save any/much power persay, but you would offset anyone at the power company noticing your power consumption being on a perfect time schedule I would think.

I too have been looking into this.
    At home depot they have backup battery systems built for flood lighting, I plam on going back and seeing if they're rechargable or not.

3. Thanks man heres what I found as well the best I found was some really expensive inverters but to handle the load of like a 600 watt hps it would work....but only for a hour max for the most expensive ones...My problem is this I have built three cabs for my new place and currently use like 470 kwh a month....The problem is i want to run two 600 hortilux bulbs in digital lumatek ballasts from hydrofarm. My third chamber will have a 4 bulb 2 foot t5 for moms and veg and then another one on the other side for the clones....I have two canfan 6" to run three intake fans (small) and two other small vent fans, and two 2 bubbler systems in each flower room plus the hydros in the veg chamber....all this said and done im worried that it will use too many kwh's! What do you guys think about that jump in electric? Consider as well I have a huge flat...its two bedrooms (descent size) but i have a dual parlor living room(two rooms) a full dinning room a kitchen a laundry room, a den and another very small room! what i mean is the place is huge so i don't know if they would really worry about all the elctric cause the place is soo big, but the jump is what scares me....what do you guys think too much power altogether? If you guys think the total khw will be fine iwth the size of the house i might start the one cab a month befor ethe other to show a difference in stages of extra kwh usage...any help is greatly appreciated....also anyone know how i can throw off the pattern of the light cycle from the electric billa little bit?