if you dont help me something ba dwill happen or it may...

Discussion in 'General' started by dvskidsec, Nov 9, 2007.

1. I NEED HELP QUICK!!
    i was taking apart a fridge and i broke a line that is now leaking out some type o gas!! What is thishow do I stop it and is it bad for me can someone help me out quick...

2. Get Out The House Now!

3. is it bad someone PLEASE help me tehy are like 12 people sleeping in my house do i need to wake them?

4. just blame it on your dog

5. I may be wrong here, but I think this is the wrong place for that kind of help....unless we have some fridge experts lurking around here?

6. i dont know of any othe rplace its still leaking its been over 10 min please someone tell me what this is or when its gunna stop im fucked if i wake up the people who live in my house srsly i will get thrown out for this

7. LOL! It's probably the compressed freon escaping. Suck that shit up, it'll give you a good buzz.

But seriously, unless it's an oven spewing a gas I wouldn't be worried, but I really am not an expert in refrigeration technology. Call the manufacturer or something. :smoking:

8. i google searched dangers of refridgorators and found nothing helpful ffor the love o all things good i hav eto much shit in my room to wake these people up and have them come in here it hasnt even stopped leaking or slowed down it seems as iff its never going to run out

9. First of all, correct spelling of refrigerator would help. Second, why the fuck are you just taking shit aparent at this hour??

I also think you're fine, because to my knowledge refrigerators do not require direct connections to petroleum. But I wouldn't know.

10. There are a few reports online of refrigerators leaking gas.

There are, however, no reports of what to do if your fridge is leaking gas in the middle of the night and you've got 12 people in your house who you don't want to wake up. That's where the trail went cold...

11. Haha, good point. I talked to hi m on AIM, showed him some sites I foudn that say it's just freon gas expanding and being released and not really dangerous, definately not explosive like natural gas or anything.

I know that some people take the freon out of air conditioners and refrigerators and huff it, but I wouldn't advise that to anybody, lol.

http://www.fridgerepairs.com.au/faqs.htm

12. dirty pete saves the day

13. Nice find, Pete.

I did read some reports of old ass refrigerators that use ammonia based cooling units or some shit, and that if you puncture the unit and inhale the fumes it can potentially scar your lungs.

However, I believe that only applies to either really old refrigerators or RV fridges.

But then, I don't have my doctorate in refrigeration quite yet...

14. this is a mini fride doe sthat apply

15. Again, you're asking someone who is not a refrigerator expert.

Do you know how all of us found the information we're using to help you? The internet. It's where you are right now. Look around and you may find some answers. ;)

16. Lmao, yes, fridges don't carry anything that harmful.

Did you really run out the house?

17. It might be time for you to go refrigerator shopping though. :p

18. well my cat got shocked shit went BANG and i dunno after that luckily after 17 mion it has stopped leaking

19. btw i suck at searching online i think i just miss the key words im looking for sometimes its a visual learning thing i dunno all i know is i got shcoked my cat go shocker air wa sleaking shit went bang, this fridge stripping wa harder than it looked

20. i guess lesson is learned. DONT TOUCH PEOPLES SHIT! lol