If you could make a new musical genre what would it be ?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by bountyman, Nov 25, 2009.

1. DO tell , id probably make me some "funk metal" or "Farmer prog"

2. i've actually made "funk metal" haha. gotta funky bass line with real dynamic drums backed up by fat chunky riffs, then drop into a smooth chorus with a trippy flange on the guitar a jazz-like drum pattern and a smooth bass line, then kick it back up to heavy and funky.

my uncle plays bass and we incorporate hella shit like fast-paced latin beats with slap bass and blues riffs, and we somehow make it come together with a great combination of contrast that makes each style blend real nicely.

its pretty fun :)

3. They've already got "funk metal" per se. Living Colour and some of Faith No More's earlier shit could be described as "funk metal". Plus, Bootsy Collins and Buckethead have done some avant-garde shit (i.e. Praxis) that could be described as "funk metal." Not trying to put you down or anything.

I'd probably make a hybrid "acoustic-folk-punk-death-noise".

4. Psycho-skaaa. I always thought the walking bass lines of the standup bass from rockabily/psychobilly music would go great with ska/reggae music. Throw in some hip hop, and a dash of punk and you got it.