If you could give your younger self some fitness tips, what would they be?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by The Crafter, Oct 27, 2011.

1. #1 The Crafter, Oct 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2011
    Be determined, ask questions, don't be afraid.

Also, eat more than you think you can. Then eat some more.

2. STOP EATING JUNK FOOD. LISTEN TO YOUR MOM.

for reals...i still have some subcutaneous fat on my lower abs that is pretty much been impossible to get rid of, even after a superstrict 10-week cut and multiple go-throughs with intense 6-week olympic lifting plans. all of that could have been avoided if i had eaten even just decently as a child and not just eaten straight junk food.

stregnth/muscle's never been an issue; fat loss may well always be one. shoulda listened to moms!

3. Yea, the older I get the more I realize my mom was talking nothing but sense. Luckily for me I can't gain any fat right now. But later in life Im gonna have to really watch what I eat.

4. yeah, i've always been a little jealous of you ectomorphs. most of my friends are the kids that can down massive amounts of cake and ice cream and cookies and not see any change in appearance; i've never been that dude.

it kind of sucks, but in the long run, developing healthy eating habits can only be a plus.

i guess the other thing i would tell myself, in that same vein, is that the closer you get to the food source, the healthier you will be. i.e., if we're talking fruit, an apple is the healthiest, apple cider less than that, apple juice less than that, apple pie less than the others.

5. "go to gym class or i'll give you herpes."

6. Be consistent.
    At the gym aim to train- not to work out.
    Read about all aspects of fitness.
    Don't do something if it makes no sense.

7. Where would I start?

"Put those twinkies down, lardass!"

[​IMG]

8. Diet harder (wrestling season, so cutting weight)
    Morning runs
    More plyometrics
    Stop being lazy, take that creatine
    And then I'd have a bunch of wrestling tips for my younger self

9. EAT MORE FOOD. Seriously, I did 5 minute warmups, full workouts then on some other days I'd go to football training. I lost 15kg and I strongly suspect 50% was muscle.

10. Stop playing video game and leveling up your characters and start leveling up yourself! Eat nothing but healthy foods and exercise daily! Lift weights, run 3 miles daily, work on your abs and do yoga!

If I started sooner I would be looking amazing right now, Goku status :laughing:

11. Eat breakfast, don't skip it.

Work out EVERY DAY.

Don't stop lifting.

Don't be lazy.

12. yup i wish i listend to my mum! by the time i was 16 i was a fat little fuck that stayd in and playd video games all the time and was pretty depressd about my weight for a while.

thank fuck im skinny but well built now...mums no best kids

13. Start skating earlier

14. #14 Philosiraptor, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2011
    ...but my Wartortle is almost going to evolve into a Blastoise:(

and blastoise is a lot cooler than some lame ass chiseled abs.

but seriously. Eat healthy! Throw some spinach on that crappy sandwich or get some avocados to make some guacamole.

15. I'm curious, did you all end up following the advice you wish you'd taken earlier or do you still wish you were able to take the advice you are even saying now?

16. For me, a little of both. I don't need a strict diet or other wrestling related fitness anymore

17. [quote name='"Dissec"']Diet harder (wrestling season, so cutting weight)
    Morning runs
    More plyometrics
    Stop being lazy, take that creatine
    And then I'd have a bunch of wrestling tips for my younger self[/quote]

i would never cut more weight dude. i was losing 20-30 every year of hs. i hated wrestling and i do believe it lead to injury. i would say never cut weight ever.

as for the topic i was much healthier when i was younger from wrestling year round fom the time i was 11 to the time i was 18. i will never be in that type of shape again.

18. I went from 150 lbs to 130, and I was at 6% body fat for the season. I never got injured, won a couple tourneys, got offered a scholarship, and was one of the top in the state, so it doesn't always lead to injury. I did catch mono and strep the week of regionals, but that was due to staying out late on superbowl night

19. [quote name='"Dissec"']

I went from 150 lbs to 130, and I was at 6% body fat for the season. I never got injured, won a couple tourneys, got offered a scholarship, and was one of the top in the state, so it doesn't always lead to injury. I did catch mono and strep the week of regionals, but that was due to staying out late on superbowl night[/quote]

yeah 130 to 112, 150 to 119, 160 to 140, 170 to 145. i got hurt every damn year and it prob has something to do with being at a constant weakened state. everytime i would be back to my top form, another injury. nightmareish.

20. Yeah, I'm currently doing all the advice I wish I'd taken earlier. I notice a lot of you guys said that they should have listen to there mom, but in my case, my mom does not exercise daily and does not eat enough healthy foods:laughing: If anything, my mom should be taking my advice, I want her to live long enough to see me succeed in life and have kids.:)