If you could create a round table of 5 scientists, who would they be?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Sacerdotal, Sep 5, 2012.

1. #1 Sacerdotal, Sep 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2012
    List 5 alive scientists/intellectuals who you would choose to work as a team if you were a millionaire who wants to sponsor research and development of technology for the better of mankind. These are mine:

David Sereda
    Nassim Haramein
    Jay Weidner
    Preston Nichols
    Valery Uvarov

Which ones are yours and why? :smoke:

I think those 5 guys know a lot about the nature of the world we live in and gotta get together, maybe pass a big fatty around and just discuss their ideas. :smoke:

2. #2 420stonedpanda, Sep 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2012
    I haven't heard of any of the guys you mentioned OP, care to elaborate a bit? A google search didn't yield much either...

Do they have to be living? If not my five are:

Tesla
    Crick (I would say Watson as well but I think he's still alive)
    Bohr
    Pascal
    I was going to put Sagan as my last one, but now i'm torn between him or Leibniz.

This feels like a decent mix of inventors/engineers and thinkers, I think they'd get shit done and have some good ideas. Also, they all have brilliant minds and, to my limited knowledge of these people, they seem like they'd do the best they could for humanity.

Living would be:
    Penrose
    Goodall
    Higgs
    Steve Weinberg
    Charles Townes

Mixture of the scientific disciplines, they'd have a nice conflict of interests and opinions which I think would lead to some interesting ideas, and again they all seem like decent human beings. Also, Townes might add an interesting religious dimension to things.

Also, this might've been better in Science and Nature.

3. 'We are talking about living people.

4. [​IMG]