if you could bring one music artist back to life

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by ytfghmjb, Jun 3, 2009.

1. I'd probably bring the likes of Big L or Biggie back to life. They were so ahead of their time. Imagine if, instead of having Lil Wayne all over the radio and MTV, we had Big L spittin some of the sickest shit ever on MTV.

2. Good fucking choice, i would have chose him about 2-3 years ago, without a doubt a grate artist.

Mine would be Jim Morrison or Jimi Hendrix

3. for sure it would be mac dre best rapper ever

4. #104 Deleted member 118531, Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2020
    -

5. Lennon....
    If possible all dead beatles....

6. Chuck Schuldiner

7. marvin gaye

8. Jimmy Paige, John Paul Jones(surprised he was not mentioned), Marley

9. James Jamerson.

10. JPJ is still alive, my dude.

11. damn agreed.... Alice in Chains would be the best rock band around right now if he was still the singer:(

12. Layne Staley or Elliott Smith, although Elliott probably wouldn't appreciate that...

13. Per Yngve Ohlin from Mayhem, i wouldve loved to hear De Misteriis recorded with him on vocals.

Chuck Shuldiner even though all his albums post-Leprosy werent too good IMO

Hendrix

Maybe even Euronymous, i didnt like him as a person, but i liked his guitar playing much more than his replacement

14. Oh also ODB
    Eazy E
    Big L
    Biggy smalls

15. Even though Petrucci doesnt list Hendrix as inspiration, im sure more than one of his influences that you listed were influenced by Hendrix, which would make Hendrix an indirect influence on Petrucci.

16. Hell yeah, the god father of bass!

17. kurt cobain anyone?

2pac, wait he's still alive w elvis :p

18. jesus christ people i've seen like 2 people mention Jerry Garcia! Where's the love at?
    Marley should come back too (not to be just another cliche stoner, but i have endless collections of his shows)
    i agree with whoever said john coltrain. He was the real founder of improvisational jam bands

19. Jerry Garcia
    Vitek
    John Lennon
    Dead
    Euronymous

20. coltrain when not on drugs... that would be nice:hello: