if you could bring one music artist back to life

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by ytfghmjb, Jun 3, 2009.

1. damn tough choice.

dj screw
    big
    tupac
    hendrix

hmmmm.....

very hard to choose between hendrix or screw... both died too early and couldve done so much more for music... prob hendrix tho

2. big l, just cuz he never rele got his time to shine like eazy, pac, biggie, jmj all got

3. Zappa. hands down. no question. no debate.

4. hendrix, pac, big, brad from sublime, or the man himself bob marley

5. Surprised there are so little John Lennons here.

John Lennon.

And, Zappa goddamnit. Zappa.

6. Hendrix or the huge dude from Hawaii that covered "Somewhere over the Rainbow/ Wonderful World"
    and put him on a subway diet.

7. Jerry Garcia!
    I miss him so much man. The way he played the guitar. It was so beautiful.
    And I have to say, Frank Zappa too. I listen to more Zappa music than dead. I love em' both very very much.

8. WITHOUT A DOUBT

[​IMG]

9. honestly people hendrix wasn't all that special.

*holds up flame shield*

10. I guess I'll go with the obvious/popular pick of 2Pac or Marley.
    Or maybe go with a personal pick of Pimp C from UGK.

11. I told you about the walrus and me, man
    You know that we're as close as can be, man
    Well here's another clue for you all
    The walrus was Paul
    Standing on the cast iron shore, yeah
    Lady Madonna trying to make ends meet, yeah
    Looking through a glass onion

12. Marley, Hendrix, or Bonham.

13. agreed.
    so what he did a lot of acid, smoked herb and played music.
    big whoop.
    I love Hendrix, but he isn't this amazing God of musical enginering.
    Zappa, Lennon, Etc... (Good Stuff)

14. THANK YOU!

Fucker just stamped some acid on his forehead, went on stage, and hoped for the best.

HE WAS LUCKY.

15. I guess John Coltrane wasn't shit either.

:rolleyes:

There's really no doubt that Hendrix is the most expressive and imaginative guitarist in rock history.

If you want to bash someone, try Jim Morrison. If he hadn't been a good looking dude, The Doors would have been a house band at a shitty bar somewhere and nothing more.

16. To compare coltrane to hendrix is like comparing the simpsons to barney and friends.
    Jimi: wrote a few good songs. Was down for the cause, did a lot of drugs. Has a lot of fans who like him because of the pre-mentioned reasons.
    Coltrane: innovative. Did thisngs that had never been done in the jazz wordl. Well respected for his contributions to music.

I agree too though about the Morrison thing. But lets keep it real, if Hendrix never did all the drugs and wasn't left handed... he woulden't be all that known either.

17. without a doubt jimi fuckin hendrix

i mite say john lennon but thats only if yoko ono isnt a part of his life

18. Mac Dre for sure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Both were improvisational artists who did things with their instruments that no one had done before. Both are icons that made significant contributions to music in general. I think the comparison is actually quite appropriate. If it doesn't work for you, how about Charlie Parker, then? He was drugged out before Jimi even knew what was up, and he's one of the most influential jazz musicians of all-time and contributed significantly to the development of bebop.

20. Hendrix or Lennon. It would have to be someone important like them, not biggie.