If you could be president...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TheJourney, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Would you be?

Personally, I would not be president. I used to want to be a politician, but I no longer want to be that involved in the system. I want to make big changes in the world, but not through the system like that. I'm interested in changing the culture, and that isn't done through politics.

2. nah..

i'm too private of a person... your life becomes an open book, and i hate that.

3. yea but i would be a dictator

4. i'd want to rule from the dark, be invisible to the public and do the best I can to make sure the border is safe/ at the same time improving the environment by taking away laws that produce more violence and more crime as well as drug laws, create better schooling by taking the fed out of printing school books, bring the troops home, cut out big federal bureaucracy's that actually don't produce or help .. I'd like to see drones being pulled out of foreign countries in order to stop the creation of enemies abroad, keep embassys inside specific countries (our ALLIES), not random countries next to the "enemy" and stimulate a bunch of shit because "we're there"... And a ton of other things

i'd also like to tone down the sensationalism that the news practices, i know this probably isnt a presidential tone but ... shit needs to go. It's made america cynical..........................

5. If i could be, yes. But as it stands I have 0 chance and don't even want to be a politician very much.
    However, If i was offered the job Id take it, then proceed to Fuck the status quo up.

6. Well I would and I would basically try to enact the same policies as Ron Paul. It would suck though having to be afraid during every speech that at any second a CIA or MIC hitman is going to shoot you. Also privacy issues, the MSM gets pissed if you have ever been in a room with drugs. I imagine the headline would be PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE SMOKED WEED THOUSANDS OF TIMES. I would just say I didn't inhale though! :p

7. Yes. Unless someone like Ron Paul was already President, then there's no point. But if the aggressive wars are still happening at whatever time they offer it to me, I'd take it so that I could end the wars at the very least.

8. I'd dissolve the union and start over. instead of 50 different states the country would be divided along the lines of the AFC divisions. Property rights would be enforced with a catapult. elections would be held online, every year, but once you are in office you can only be voted out, so unless u fuck up u dont have to run for re-election.

9. #9 Deleted member 472633, Dec 24, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
    [​IMG]

I think this would be a nice way to divide up the Country and form a EU/NATO style alliance.

Picture courtesy of Fallout 3.

10. I wonder how Arkansas would like being part of the new Texas

To answer the OP's question, absolutely not. Being president would be such a stressful, difficult and frustrating job. Not to mention I absolutely do not have the charisma, intelligence, or patience to run a country.

I do have a lot of opinions though, and a lot of problems with how the country is run... Maybe if I could be some sort of supreme advisor to the president and everything I said would completely influence his policy decisions. Hmmm...

11. Yes the Texas Empire will rise! First Arkansas next North America!

12. I would ban everything and then declare as a dictatorship. I'll be the next Hitler, killing all the politicians, leaders and bankers around the world.

Then I will abolish of the states/gov at end of my term.

13. Id make Kim Jung Il and Hitler look like little girls.