If you cant answer this... then Idealism is true.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Boats And Hoes, Jan 24, 2014.

1. That in itself require imagination and or perception. They may not be thoughts, if free will doesn't exist, neither does thought.

2. Most certainly! Understand and distinguish between nature base and divine. We are outlets of expression and action representing both natures. Now is time for evolution of the divine!

3. I dunno, its weird, these anti-thoughts thoughts.....lol

4. A cloud just floated into my room. I think it's time to go to sleep...

"We are outlets of expression and action representing both natures." -- Exactly.

6. well if the dog existed it would see itself silly

7. #67 Boats And Hoes, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2014

So, you mean, the dog perceives itself, right? And, one thing, please define for me what a 'dog' is without reference to descriptions rooted in sense-perception?

8. thats just it, the dog would perceive anything he wanted to perceive, and as he perceives he creates reality. we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively

9. im saying just because you cant perceive something doesnt mean it cant exist, thats an extremely flawed way people misinterpret big concepts like quantum physics and big philosophy ideas. we are all part of one thing but right now we arent. there are 12 dimensions, can you even perceive more than 4? because nobody can. theres a lot out there that just you and i cant see doesnt mean it doesnt exist. what if something else like an alien sees it? what if you 'conscious' observation is needed and atoms can act on their own because they are their own coscious nervous system connected to a mind of its own? we think like a fish who was raised in a tank with glass walls all around. by the time they grow up they cant swim away because its their instinct to think that theres no way out of this small section of ocean. 

trying to perceive on the ultimate level, even from the smartest, is largely impossible, for the most we can only theorize and interpret data found by those much smarter than us that have considered these things much more heavily than we have

10. #70 moreherb, Jan 24, 2014
    Unperceived would be something that was not created in what we call gods image. Our imagination would perceive a six legged dog that flys and only eats vegetables and that does not exist; I would believe that the "unperceivable" would not be anything called a dog or whatever it is it wouldn't have legs or eat. The best way for me to describe what I am saying is that if you tried to draw what a cell phone conversation looks like in the air between the two people & satellites than that drawing would be what unperceived really means. How do magnets really work? An unperceived book is one that is not written yet... What colors can we not see? 

..its probably better to smoke a lot of weed and not try to think about it so hard.

11. #71 Boats And Hoes, Jan 24, 2014
    Regarding your very first sentence here... I'm not saying what we can't perceive doesn't exist, I'm saying the exact opposite, what we take to 'exist' must be perceived.

Firstly just say I beleive in a god. Thats truth without fluff. Why you trying to justify how you feel in these round about ways. Big deal "Boats and Hoes" beleives in god. 

13. theres a lot of parallel universes and other universes out there you guys think too small

14. the world starts as a seed of energy crushed into a black hole and sprouts into a new universe next to the old one and then creates million more universes with trillions of stars that turn into trillions of black holes that turn into trillions of universes and then that happens infinitely. theres not even any scale theres so many its just infinitely large and small. a lot of things are based on perception but in reality its just everything happening at once we are just incredibly small compared to this

Prove it... and, please, demonstrate this belief of yours without employing the mathematics that men with perceiving minds contrived. I'll wait...

I'm sure you've imagined what a vagina looked like when you were a curious little boy.

17. #77 Boats And Hoes, Jan 24, 2014

Yes, and from whence came the images of my speculative imagination... if not from perception?

What does an unperceived vagina look like?

Now you're just speaking in riddles in an attempt to validate your point.

As a child, you have no idea what a vagina looks like. You just know it's there. What an unperceived-anything looks like is relative to the imagination of the perceiver.

Anyways, this discussion is not my cup of tea. I can tell from said quote above that I'm going to regret replying to the OP. Thank you and good-bye.

19. #79 Boats And Hoes, Jan 24, 2014

Yea, and how do you know that? From your health teacher? Inotherwords, by hearing about it? Perception is not limited to one context (sight)... as most mistakenly believe.

What does a wet vagina feel like? How would I know if I've never perceived and experienced something wet? The notion of 'wet' being something you pick up in perceptual experience.

"Anyways, this discussion is not my cup of tea. I can tell from said quote above that I'm going to regret replying to the OP. Thank you and good-bye." -- Yea, because the implications of this thread leads down a road that you PERSONALLY don't like. Personal bias is always detrimental to a seeker of truth... so, go on seeking your vaginas instead of truth (go on squirrel and find your nut, pun intended).

vagina is the answer