If you’re an atheist, why do you believe in karma?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Deleted member 699232, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Maybe I did, maybe I didn’t.

Law of averages.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. I meant spanish but yea, both you and I also do.. I'd say you're in second ;)

3. Lmao :thumbsup::laughing:

4. I think the key to happiness in life, to get "good karma" if you will. Is just don't be a dick.
    It doesn't take God to make you a good person. You don't need to spend your life building water lines for Africans or going round feeding the homeless every day.
    Just don't be a dick.
    If you find the world is against you and shit just doesn't seem to be working for you then the chances are you're a dick.
    Stop being a dick and life tends to get easier. You'll have more friends. More availability for help of any sort you might need along your journey.

I used to be a dick. Took lots of drugs, done a lot of bad things. Hurt a lot of people.
    Then one day I realised I was the problem.
    I was being a dick and because of that, bad things just magnated in my direction.
    The moment I decided to stop being a dick my life got I stantly better.
    Found an awesome woman.
    Got an awesome kid.
    Got a house in the street I grew up in.
    Got a better job, more money, less hours, more free time, which lead to less stress and a happier me.
    Now because I'm a happier person I don't act out and therefor don't attract bad shit.
    Got a quiet, content and relatively care free life now.
    All I had to do was stop being a dick :)

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Yeah I'm top frenemy mutha fucka! :hola:

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. I feel that some of you need to figure out what karma and dharma really are before speculating what it is. It is not a new concept, or bendable logically.

it's a spiritual philosophy, commonly associated with Indian religions such as Buddhism, Hinduism, etc.

This was really mind opening.

7. I know what karma is :)

Deleted pic. Hope ya got a chance to see it

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. It's an ambigram btw. (Looks the same upside down)

9. I think it said karma on the tattoo.:p

10. Technically, it said it twice ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. #71 Deleted member 699232, Oct 27, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2019
  12. Oi fuck you man I missed it. What I miss?
    I feel so left out and empty now :(

• Like Like x 1
  13. I'll pm you lmao

14. Bhudists don't believe In god. It's not a religion.
    They believe in basically what I've just said.
    Don't be a dick. Be a good person. Love yourself. Understand yourself. And eventually you will reach enlightenment.

Karma is just an idea that says in a nutshell that what goes round will eventually be come back round.
    The energies will balance themselves out.
    And whats another word that can be used to describe when something balances out.....
    "average"
    Once again, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I present to you.
    "the law of averages"

15. Similar to "do unto other as you'd have them do unto you"

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Yeah, that could also be translated as "don't be a dick".
    If your a dick they'll be dicks.
    If your not the they won't be.
    See, all boils down to just not being a dick lol.
    Should put me in charge if the world.
    I'll denounce all religion and all laws bar one.
    Don't be a dick.
    I'll dig a big massive hole like they had in evil dead 2 and just chuck all the dicks in it.
    Doesn't matter what you're doing. If your being a dick you're going in the hole.
    Guilt will be determined by use of a polygraph on the question "are you being a dick"
    If you lie, your a dick so you're going in the hole.
    If you pass then you genuinely believe that youre not a dick which makes you even more of a dick so you're still going in the hole.
    It's a bit of a dickish way to do things but karma will get me for it eventually :bolt:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Spanish@rcher 2020
    "Don't be a dick"

Better than maga... :roflmao:

18. Or your goin in the hole!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. In the presence of another idea, you don’t even second guess yourself.

Hmm.

How’s it feel being a physical embodiment of a brick wall?

Thread wasn’t to debate what karma means, or what you think it means. both karma, Buddhism, and the law of averages have their own Wikipedia page that you are free to look at for yourself.

20. Hmm... The title asks how someone who doesn't believe in God can believe in karma.
    And your using bhudists who are also athiest as your argument to prove that I don't know what I'm talking about..
    Thats awesome mate.
    Bravo sir. Just bravo :dance2: