Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

if weed were acceptible in society/ legal would the Paranoia still exist

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by headie shot, May 7, 2012.

1. #1 headie shot, May 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2012
    It seems like most of the paranoia that is caused by weed is simply people freaking out about getting caught by cops and going to court, or being afraid that there parents are going to beat there ass lol. A lot of people use this as an anti-weed argument that it makes you too much on edge, but i think that would happen when you do anything that involves high risk of getting into trouble. And to reinforce my argument, a lot of the people who might get this are middle class sheltered 14-17 year old kids whom are not that mature anyway, and who expect the paranoia because they have been socially conditioned to believe it will happen. what do you guys think?

2. I doubt it, you can get paranoid about fucking anything if you're new/high enough.

3. I get paranoid even if I know nothing bad could happen sometimes, weed is silly.

4. yeah my friend gets paranoid about his health when he smokes so that wouldn't help him at all.

5. Mind blown.

6. #7 headie shot, May 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2012
    ^ ya but if he was told weed will harm him all his life, even if he does not believe it ( it may still be implanted in the back of his mind ). I guess that it could make anyone on edge dont get me wrong, especially if your a ditz in everyday life. for example if someone is a ditz and is sober, they just wont remember they forgot to do something, but when there are high they might remember and be like "oh shit, i think I forgot somthing".

7. well it's not the weed it's the cigs and everything he smokes. he says it worrys him. it's not that he thinks he's gonna die from weed or something.

8. ya but the cigs will kill him though, so he has a good reason to be afraid.

9. exactly so the paranoia wouldn't just go away if it were legal.

10. It would calm down some paranoia.

11. it wouldnt. my friend got paranoid from just some dude walking around outside in the parking lot we were smoking in. weed just makes you paranoid

12. well of course i get paranoid.

just because i wont go to jail doesnt mean i still dont have a chance of dying.

that thought will always be until it happens.

13. I think the paranoia can come from pent-up emotions that haven't been addressed while sober, and when someone takes a few tokes, it becomes quite psychoactive and can reveal all of the negativity that's been avoided for sometime.

Marijuana can open up the mind in ways you couldn't imagine.

14. I think the fact weed is not socially accepted in the society increases the paranoia smokers get from it, but there would still be cannabis induced paranoia even if it was legal. There would be less though.

In my case, most of the paranoia I experienced was because of it's illegal status. For example, being high in public and thinking others judge you, or being high with family and fearing family's reaction.

So overall I agree with your point. If weed was legal, paranoia wouldn't be such a big deal.

15. he was probly paranoid cus he didnt want the random guy knowing you were doing something illegal.
    just face it everyone, OP is basically right.
    althought stuff that could make you paranoid sober will obviously still make you paranoid high..
    but if a guy walking in a parking lot makes you paranoid while your sober, you're probly better off not smoking weed lol

16. Paranoia can just be a sideeffect of marijuana. I don't think it will ever go away lol. Only way to make it go away is get baked a lot and don't be paranoid.

17. I think it would definitely take some of the edge off but if i get paranoid its usually never about being caught more like an anxiety attack.

18. I never get paranoid anymore, except when in someone elses car smoking weed and I'm the only legal patient. Highschool was when I got nervous. But as a legal patient in my own apartment there isn't much to fear so paranoia isn't a factor.

It's the, hiding in a car at night w/ friends and trying to hide from parents etc etc that used to get me a little bit nervous, but not enough for me to not risk it.

19. No, because if its legal it must be ok......
    thats what the majority of the ppl think....
    its bullshit....but ppl are just now waking up to the fact that just because our laws allow something doesnt mean its right and just because a law prohibits something does not make it wrong.