Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

If weed starts making me anxious, will drinking alcohol help?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ShaggyRogers, Jan 3, 2023.

1. So a few years ago I was a daily smoker, and never had an issue with paranoia. However, after a year long T-break, I smoked a whole hash infused joint and freaked the fuck out. It was the same intensity as a bad acid trip, except it only lasted a couple of hours and there were no hallucinations lol, just a lot of sweating, tunnel vision, shaking and my heart beating so hard I could feel it in my ears.

Ever since, any time I've tried to take even just one small hit of like some 10% outdoor indica, I don't end up feeling so great. "If it doesn't make you feel good anymore, why not just quit?" you may ask. Well I don't want to. I love the enhancement weed gives me (mainly with music). I've got a playlist on Spotify titled, "When I Can Smoke Again" and it's filled with hundreds of songs I've yet to hear high.

Now, I love beer. I love the way it makes me feel, and any time I'm even buzzed, any social anxiety I might have is just gone. The thing is, I've heard very mixed things about smoking and drinking. Some love it, and say that the alcohol destroys any paranoia the weed might give them. Some hate it, and say that it gives them the spins, and actually makes the weed feel stronger. I can't seem to get a straight answer, but I'm asking your guys' opinion and experiences. If I smoked first, and then started getting kinda shaky, would drinking some beer help? Not a lot, maybe 2 max?

2. A long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away the rule of mixing Cannabis and Alcohol was to always stay more stoned then drunk and to get stoned first and drink just enough to wet your whistle.

Smoking Cannabis while already drunk is a guaranteed recipe for the spins and puking your guts out.

The weed has changed getting from grow to pipe in a fraction of the time it used to take. Combine that with the rush to get it harvested and the next grow in the ground and what we have is an major imbalance in THC to CBD ratio then what we used to have. Harvested to early and given little to no cure time in my expert opinion.

Choose lower THC strains more in the mid teens range as they tend to have a higher CBD content and that softens the hard hit to high a THC ratio has.

Buy a bottle of CBD oil and take a bit an hour before toking the herb. It may take some experimentation to find a good balance between CBD drops and THC tokes.

If your to high and not having fun try inhaling the aroma of fresh ground black pepper. It can take the screaming edge off of to much edible so it should have effects on smoked as well. I take high dose edibles every day and long ago stopped drinking at all as it is way to unpredictable to mix and I'm wasted enough on straight Cannabis.

BNW

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. One of those would turn me into.......
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. [​IMG]
    try this: https://beersquad.eu/cannabeer-premium/

and you can make your own many growers here are ex brewers

5. This comes down to your personal psychological makeup. I mean weed does have the effect of paranoia but not many people experience it and those that do sometimes do so due to a situational circumstance. My point is the paranoia may be a symptom of something other than the weed if you didn't have this experience before. The t break is definitely related and I get that. I gotta wonder, how is your tolerance now?
    I recommend getting some decent weed and have a good, calm setting preprepared for when you smoke and see what happens. And I mean a good set up with like food, entertainment, friends if necessary, a bed nearby for when you pass out, etc. See what happens and if you're still paranoid then I'd suggest quitting for a while and address what's going on in life to where you're comfortable under the influence of anything. I don't really recommend getting faded off alcohol as a solution. It's more of a cover up and personally I don't care for the health side effects. But that's on you my friend if you wanna go that route but it's not sustainable as you'll eventually gain a tolerance and will have to go ham as time goes on.

Sent from my SM-S901U1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. it never helps for me i cant mix anything with anything. i always get bad trips. only once i dropped some mdma when i was tipsy and it was kinda ok but other than that i dont recommend mixing from personal experience.