If weed is legalized in California...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by huzdat, Jan 13, 2010.

1. ok well how about being a little more mature and instead of just insulting someone, try to explain your views so they can understand where you're coming from?

2. insulting him feels better

3. I guess that's cool but it makes you look pretty stupid too :)

4. Cannabis isn't comparable to cigarettes, while cigarettes are much more dangerous, they're viewing it from the aspect of "being under the influence".

Unfortunately, drug testing holds a heavy bias towards cannabis users as it stays in your system for so long, while much worse drugs are in-and-out quite quickly.

I have seen people lose their jobs due to alcohol, though and I'm not talking about drinking on the job or coming into work drunk. For instance, if I got my buzz on one night and got tested the next day, I may test positive for alcohol and could lose my job.

So, really, it doesn't matter if the substance is legal or not.

5. I think alot of states will copy what California is doing, because im sure they will profit from weed being legal. More states will want that profit and legalize it as support for legalization increases. I wouldn't be suprised if before 2012 a federal bill is inacted in congress. If marijuana approval ratings rise, than politicians will go pro-marijuana to get higher approval ratings.

6. Many companies drug test because they are responsible for their employees while they are on a job. Nobody wants a worker under the influence and damaging themselves or the clients property. It isn't because they are against people relaxing in their own time, it just keeps them in check so that they won't get sued in case of accident.

And about the 'people mailing marijuana'; since the FEDERAL government runs the mail system (and are obviously against marijuana) do you think that they would start detaining or prosecuting those who send marijuana by mail?

7. Well currently you can legally smoke in Amsterdam and still come back to the states and also legally be excluded from a job because you failed their drug test. I can also legally buy fireworks in Wisconsin, but as soon as I bring back over into Illinois, they are illegal. So just because something is legal in one state doesn't mean it is in every state, as I'm sure you already knew. But this does bring up a legit issue on the "grey areas" of toxication laws. Perhaps in the future you could fill a niche as a "drug testing laws" specialty lawyer. You could already have a job doing that up with the Minnesota Vikings.:p

8. haha well you technically if you use the fireworks in Wisconsin, it's not illegal. Just like if I smoked in Cali it isn't legal. When you go back to Illinois, they aren't going to go after you for setting some fireworks off in another state where it's legal. I wouldn't plan on smoking in jersey... that's why its really just not fair. You'd think that being American citizens we would have the freedom to do whatever we want to our bodies.

9. That's a good point, but unfortunately for us smokers you do bring the pot back into the state where it's illegal after you use it, in your body. Anyway, I hope this is a headache that America will one day get to deal with, since that would mean some states would have legalized it.