If weed didn't exist, would you more likely to be addicted?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by UU_ood, Dec 28, 2009.

1. I was thinking about this. Smoking does help me stay away from using harmful drugs often, especially alcohol. It's hard to tell if I would have replaced weed with addicting drugs.

2. To be honest, I think if there was no weed, I would have never done other drugs besides alcohol because everything else seems so different. With weed you're breaking the law so doing all these other drugs seems to be on the same level because when you do them you're breaking the law also (in most cases), whereas with alcohol you're not.

3. This is a good point right here. I feel the same way.

4. same, wouldnt have done other drugs except drink beer.

5. Everyone in this thread is perpetuating the gateway theory, lol

6. I popped mad vicodin before I smoked weed so I think id be banging tar if it wasnt for mary jane. Ive slowed my rolll with the opies, still do em way to much ya diggggg? SO in short id be chain smokeing cigarettes and eating pharms like candy still.

7. If weed didn't exist the world would be a FAR more horrible place than it already is...
    As to whether or not I'd be addicted to something else? Unlikely, the other illegal drugs just aren't my flavor, at least as far as regular consumption is concerned...but then again, I find marijuana gives me the serenity to face the world, as awful as it is, maybe in a world without weed I'd be a heroin junkie, but who knows?
    Fun hypothetical question exercise tho...
    -Cain

8. probably nothing, not even alchy.

9. i smwell poppies

10. I have somewhat of a real life example of this very thing happening. My college roommate had to stop smoking weed because he was graduating and had some interviews lined up. Well low and behold after he couldn't smoke anymore he started looking to other alternatives, specifically opiates.

Now don't get me wrong, he and I both used opiates recreationally prior to this, but when he could no longer smoked weed I would say his opiate use increased at an alarming rate. It went from once or so every week to 3 or 4 times. It's a good thing this happened near the end of our college career as I could of seen him getting physically addicted very fast.

11. i think the gateway theory is somewhat true weed was the first thing i ever tried and then it went to everything else

12. Stimulants, most likely Adderall. Oh, and booze.

13. [​IMG]

14. LSD always been curious about it.

15. Benzo's...oh wait I already am, more or less.

16. heroin deff

17. yea I forgot that I take roughly 10 mg of klonopin everyday 5 popped 2 railed its a shitty addiction but whatever I have had a lot of tramatic expiriences so it helps.

In my opinion worse than opiate withdrawl way worse it feels like a really bad coke comedown to me and then I get sick probably be on them the rest of my life fuck it.

18. I'd probably be a drunk...matter of fact, I know I'd be a drunk....or dead. I'm a recovered/recovering alcoholic now, thanks to the weed helping me through

19. My Benzo habit isn't as bad as it could be, weed definitely helps me out.