If we find the Ultimate truth in the Universe...

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by PeruvianDank, Mar 20, 2012.

1. #2 YEM, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2012
    People have, people do, people will.

You can only know when you have, otherwise its good to stroll down the Path.

A bold member on these forums once told me to trust that there is an end. Ultimate reality can be experienced, known and correctly understood. It's something that has been traditionally spoken about for over 2,000 years without wavering since and even beyond the Buddha's time.

Reality can be understood in a way that transcends reason, however only a tiny minuscule amount of people are actually aware or enlightened. Regardless, any one, a beggar, a thief, a middle-class worker, can 'know'. It just takes the right spontaneous experience(s) and support in those experiences that can lead one to experience the 'ultimate' state of consciousness.

2. Then we party like it's 1999.

3. What's "ultimate truth" :confused: is it absolute certainty of X facts? Is it the knowledge that a god exists? If the latter, then that would depend on what god exists, but we'd just go about our lives that much more enlightened.

TL;DR the same thing we do every night, Pinky- try to take over the world!

4. lol nice reference.

5. Enjoy the dream I suppose

6. #7 YEM, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2012
    It is truth that does not change, waver, or move. It is not something that is transitory, impermanent, or illusive.

Ultimate truth has no-thing to do with God as God only lies as a fallacious thought in the mind of man, not beyond.

7. I'm asking the ultimate truth of WHAT? Discovering without a doubt the existence of a god? Discovering without a doubt X law/s of the universe are in fact true? WHAT?!?!!?!?!?

8. Ultimate truth of reality. What the nature of phenomena, appearances and on are.

9. Oh, you're agreeing with my initial post- my bad breh.

10. I found ultimate truth of what was really in front of me each time I did shrooms. my mind did things I didn't even know were possible. I saw the world past what our everyday eyes see, I still can't believe it. words can't describe what I saw, but ever since then, I see the world for what it really is. :smoking:

11. We already have uncovered ultimate reality and truth in different dimensions. Since there are infinite dimensions constantly being created, and therefore there are past and future dimensions, and in future dimensions we've uncovered these things. just food for thought.

12. i always wonder if there can actually even be an ultimate truth

i mean if we live in an infinite reality then ultimately there cant be any final culminating point of understanding. how can you completely encompass something which doesnt have boundaries?

even if you were presented with what seems to be an ultimate answer to everything, to an extant you would have to be satisfied and cut your questions at that point. Its like a child asking the question "why", ultimately they just are satisfied and stop asking, but the question is still valid at any level. If you were presented with an ultimate truth what is stopping you from asking why further beyond that? it would still be a valid question even in that scenario, such as "why is THIS the ultimate truth as opposed to something else"

13. [quote name='"9Peace"']i always wonder if there can actually even be an ultimate truth

i mean if we live in an infinite reality then ultimately there cant be any final culminating point of understanding. how can you completely encompass something which doesnt have boundaries?

even if you were presented with what seems to be an ultimate answer to everything, to an extant you would have to be satisfied and cut your questions at that point. Its like a child asking the question "why", ultimately they just are satisfied and stop asking, but the question is still valid at any level. If you were presented with an ultimate truth what is stopping you from asking why further beyond that? it would still be a valid question even in that scenario, such as "why is THIS the ultimate truth as opposed to something else"[/quote]

I guess you could have ultimate truths about different things. & ever ultimate truth links to the other if you think hard enough...
    Right..?

14. I cannot comprehend ultimate truth, but I can comprehend Law, which one could say is a manifestation of that highest truth.

We all know that everything operates under certain immovable, unbreakable laws. In any given scenario, the outcome is determined not by chance, but by law. In fact the deeper we look into phenomena the more we understand that chance exists only through the lens of ignorance.

You may violently bash yourself against Law, you may make yourself as hard as a rock and throw yourself against Law until you completely shatter and break apart, but Law will stand there indifferent and unmoved.

It must make sense then to align ourselves with the laws of the universe as openly as we can, so that we may use it intelligently and eventually become a part of it. In order to align ourselves first we must learn and understand what these laws are and how they operate, or we may run along the circumference of the circle for a very long time until we are able enough to grasp the center.

This is the Way of the reasonable person. It isn't idle drifting, it isn't vague belief, it is the path of reason.

Hold your head always above your heart, but don't let your heart die out either. Enable your heart, expand your heart, your invisible heart... is very visible to some.

This is my personal truth, Knowledge and Willpower. Knowledge without willpower is useless, it is like the hoarding of treasure. Willpower without knowledge is directionless, it goes yet never gets anywhere.