If we don't stop this, we may not be here much longer.

Discussion in 'General' started by Smoke on water, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Basically, if you haven't heard about SOPA, it is a very vague law that allows any website with minor copyright infringement to be shut down. This can include a song in a video used as background information.

This law could destroy the internet, making it a less free place. Companies such as Google and wikipedia are openly against it.

We cannot let this pass. Call your senators and tell them to not pass SOPA.

If you would like more information or would like to help, link to this video. Tell your friends. Or re upload the video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7DkrsCCQ_A&feature=player_embedded]STOP SOPA - by Michael Mozart - YouTube[/ame]

Please, we may not be coming here for much longer if this passes. :eek:

2. anything that fucks up now, ron paul can fix when he's elected. ;)

3. buy an AK before shit gets way outta wack

4. All the government does is regulate the fuck out of everything.

5. I hate to say it, but he doesn't have a chance. The media refuses to give him coverage so average people think he is retarded or don't even know about him. As much as I would love for him to win, it won't happen.

And he can't veto a bill after it passes. We have one chance and this is now. Spread the video around!!!

6. #7 Arckaic, Dec 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2011

Man...

it's true though

If they end up with the ability to censor the internet... shit is really going to hit the fan.

The internet is one of the resources that we the people have to keep our mind open...

Once the internet is gone, it's going to be impossible formulate an opinion on anything that is outside of your normal life and not on the very bias news.

7. I'm getting sick of people thinking Ron Paul is this god how do we know he'll keep his promises and even if he does congress will shoot them down that's what happend to Obama people wonder why he hasn't done anything it's because no one will let him

8. So dont trust SOAP?
    [​IMG]

9. So can someone like assassinate these people or....

10. People get this idea in their head from all the fluffing up that goes into their campaigns and advertising that this person is their savior, that's going to fix the hundreds of problems this country is facing. It's a much too optimistic view of anybody; change is NOT immediate, and this fact seems to elude most people. "Easier said than done."

I think if Obama gets re-elected, it'll be just like it was with Bush: everyone wonders how? If Ron Paul gets elected.. he'll be the new Obama.. praised, then rejected.

Unless he's a magician :p As for any of the other candidates, now that Herman Cain has dropped out, I haven't a clue.

11. Seriously. Those who govern our country should be fucking terrified of their decisions.

12. The difference between obama and bush Is bush did a lot of bad stuff Obama barley did anything

13. Funny how it's always people like Lennon and MLK who promote peace get assassinated, yet these literally evil guys always get off scotch free..

Wonder why it's always the people who are against these evil people that get killed by 'some crazy guy'.

*We've got a turd in the punch bowl, I repeat- a turd in the punch bowl*

14. fuck it I'm taking my talents to the Deep Web

15. What is the internet anyhow? A connection of everyone's computers right?

How can someone own or control something as intangible as the internet?

Like couldn't we just make some kind of new internet even if they did pass this?

16. HAHAHAHA!
    that would be one hell of a campaign slogan for anybody at this point :p
    just fill in the name desired.
    i feel like i'm having a nightmare & i laughed so hard i think i broke my caps lock.

wtf is really going on hahahahahaha!

17. With Ron Paul it seems like he thinks if it's not protected by the constitution we don't need it and i don't like that