if u can cook with aluminum foil, why is it bad to use it for a pipe?

Discussion in 'General' started by letsmokeasweet, Feb 24, 2013.

1. hey all
    they say u get all types of shit if you make a piple using foil...and i like to understand this...u can use it to cook with....is it just ignorant people saying that because they them selves would never smoke out of foil and dont know beter?
    or is there a good explnation out there
    i mean people cook with it all the time
    thnx all

2. I used foil to burn hash. Had to burn the hash inside foil for every joint I've smoked.

3. If by cooking, you mean baking, yeah; however, that's at 350-450 degrees Fahrenheit, but a lighter produces about 3,000 degrees or in that area, enough to release harmful chemicals. They are inhaled directly into your lungs rather than underneath your food, making it another matter as well

4. I like to cook sausages!

5. cus when you smoke a foil you inhale the foil fumes. when you cook with foil, you are not inhaling it. also, foilies give me a fucked up high

6. yeah temperature of a bic lighter is in the thousands

also you don't inhale the oven smoke, lol

7. good point..thnx all

8. if u need a ghetto pipe, use a clean socket. i sometimes prefer a socket even to a glass pipe

9. Me too! :) But I use aluminum foil for the screen.

10. Because you're eating something its cooked on NOT inhaling burning metal sheet lol

11. #11 -13 Amp-, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2013
    i know most people don't think about it or wanna admit it to themselves...but check your metal pipes with a magnet, it's non-magnetic isn't it....its made out of Aluminum...the bowl and down stem in that acrylic bong? yep, the little pipes that unscrew? yep....one hitters? yep...

Also, check what the main ingredient in your deodorant is...

also theres no known casual link that aluminum causes Alzheimers

"One of the most publicized and controversial theories concerns aluminum, which became a suspect in Alzheimer's disease when researchers found traces of this metal in the brains of patients with Alzheimer's disease. Many studies since then have either not been able to confirm this finding or have had questionable results."

http://www.webmd.com/alzheimers/guide/controversial-claims-risk-factors

12. Well looks like you guys have this covered. Smh to op

13. They spray our air with barium and aluminum anyways. Why not speed up the process.. 

14. It gave me a headache the times that I did it so fuck foil haha

15. Certain types of stainless steel are non-magnetic.

16. #16 -13 Amp-, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2013
    which 99% of metal pipes are not made out of...sinks yeah, and that model 419 pipe is stainless, but you can tell stainless by the look most of the time and they have "stainless steel" etched on them somewhere since its more expensive than aluminum and they wanna separate themselves, like real gold has the Karat on it...so unless you spent $50 or more for that metal pipe (which i've never met someone who has, not on metal), its aluminum...

I weld now for a living and i used to work part time at a scrap yard, and how did we check the metal being sold to us as aluminum? magnet, they made us carry it in our pockets and told us if anyone brought in anything to do with kitchen (sinks, cutlery, spoons, and pots) check for the stainless marking, it'll be there if its not magnetic, but 90% of your stainless stuff is magnetic

so again, if you own and use a metal pipe, you're most likely smoking out of aluminum

17. It's not the same at all. When you cook with it, it's not heated up too much.

But when you apply direct flame to it, the buzz-kill fairies get aggravated and come flying out!