If they legalize...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by weedst, Dec 15, 2009.

1. If they legalize marijuana will people still have to take drug tests or would it be illegeal

2. Do you get tested for alcohol at work?

3. #3 Klao, Dec 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2009
    In situations in which it's illegal for you to be intoxicated, PERIOD ... maybe. I don't want doctors operating on me when they're baked out of their minds, nor do I want truckers zooming down the highway after having chain-smoked four bowls. Not that this would be likely to happen, but .... you see the need for a TEST, yes? The ease of testing for alcohol intoxication is practically the the number one reason alcohol can be successfully regulated.

There needs to be a drug test that can test for present marijuana intoxication, and tell the difference between present and past intoxication (whereas now, the current tests will flag you whether the high is hundreds of hours old, or still fresh on your breath) for it to be really effective, and it might be the clincher between full legalization, and decriminalization.

If someone could invent a cannabis breathalyzer, we'd be set. :)

4. lets not ask for too much now. i still like blunt cruisin in my eclipse :smoke:

5. Well right now if you legally go to Amsterdam and legally smoke marijuana over there and then your work drug tests you when you return they can fire you for testing dirty even though you never broke the law.

6. They need an accurate drug test which measures outright current intoxication, not lingering THC from last month. If they are going to drug test people to check their functionality at work.

7. Yea, I wonder if this will ever be possible.

8. It's not technically legal over there, it's decriminalized and very tolerated.

9. damn that wwould be shitty if hey still test

10. They would test probably like they do for alcohol...drink all you want but once you become a cop's problem you will get breathalized and put on probation (if you're underage or get a DUI).

So I bet they will still test for it if you're on probation or use it underage...

11. This will probably come up more once it is actually legalized and more people come to realize that when someone tests positive for marijuana it could be from weeks before and you can't tell if they are intoxicated. I bet there will be some lawsuits or something claiming discrimination of pot smokers or something and it will force someone to develop a test that will test for intoxication.

I personally hope they never develop that test because I enjoy driving high sometimes and going to work high. If they never develop a better test then it most jobs probably won't be able to test you.

12. That's not very responsible is it? Not exactly helping the cause :s

13. not helping at all lol

14. Right now they can't test for thc, they can only test for its metabolites, which is also called thc, but is a different chemical, that almost doesn't affect anything. Thc, the real thc, is out of your system in a matter of hours, while these metabolites can stay in the body for up to 6 weeks, I think.

15. That tests already being made available to European cops very shortly.

It's a spit test that detects any drug intoxication from the past 5 hours.

16. Im sure its very possible. We have technology up the ass. Its not the matter if we have it or not, its the matter that we can produce these breath analyzers in a way that's effective, portable, and CHEAP. cheap being the key word.

17. they have oral tests now that can determine if you smoked in the last 24 hours, it would be as simple as modifying the chemicals used there to make it test within the last 3 or 4 hours.

18. Then we would also need to develop standards regarding what level of intoxication is dangerous. As in .08 BAL for DUI, what constitutes an unacceptable level of impairment from THC?

Lots of real world testing would be required. Any volunteers?

But the question itself is irrelevant if operating under the influence does not pose a problem. It supposes that there is a problem before facts are established.

19. The way I can tell if i'm being impaired is that my brain totally flips on itself.

After a while I have a harder and harder time thinking in words or if i speak remembering speaking. Speaking is the hardest when there are multiple steps to get the point accross...you know the drill.

BUT
    I know the difference between buzzed and zombie stoned when I imagine music. If i'm sufficiently stoned and its silent I could "hear" just about any song I want, and remember it better than if I was sober

So maybe like (just kidding) the tests could be geared towards musical aptitude. Like they'll just play some jazz and go back to their squad car and if they catch you dancing

BUSTED
    idk why i posted this, this is silly.

20. If they legalize i'm dropping whatever i'm doing and instantly starting up a weed cigarette company haha