If the USA were to legalize marijuana...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by JakeMader, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Would they add a bunch of chemicals and crap like they do to the tobacco in cigarettes? Or do you think they'd keep it the pure, safe and non-addictive herb it is?

2. Pfiser would be a $0.75 stock.

3. You will likely be able to buy "commercial"as well as "organic" cannabis. Only I think that the market for "organic cannabis" will be far larger than the one for "organic tobacco" like American Spirit".

Unexpected results will be a drop in Alzheimer's, certain cancers and the need for addictive pain killers!

Granny

4. Granny, American Spirits aren't natural/organic at all.

This is why I think weed should be decriminalized so common people, not the government, are the ones growing it because we all know the government will do whatever it can to maximize profits.

5. That's completely expected among the educated community.

6. yes, But it won't ever get legalized.

7. If it was legalized, I would just grow it myself. People don't grow their own tobacco because it would take a considerable amount of effort/land to grow and process enough to support their habit. With weed, basically anyone could grow enough to constantly have a personal supply by just always having a few plants going at a time.

8. I'd say that weed also takes a considerable amount of effort and expense to grow. You need the right kind of lights, nutrients, seeds, a closet, time, etc. Of course, depending on how much you use that effort and expense could be worth it. I, for one, wouldn't grow as I wouldn't use more than about an eighth a month, if that(Amsterdam taught me that I'm nowhere near as hardcore of a stoner as I thought). I think that when cannabis is made legal you'll see a lot more people who like using cannabis but don't LOVE it. Just like you have people who like to drink alcohol from time to time but don't love it enough to have a batch of mead/beer/wine brewing up in their bedroom closet.

9. That's a weed, can be grown anywhere......

10. It's not hard at all man. And way cheaper than people would have you believe. What you can't water a plant and keep the light the right distance?

A couple hundred to set up and you'll be growing ounces for around $10 counting nutes and electric.

OP questions like this don't make any sense. Think about it.

What do you mean they?

Would they do this? Would they do that? If they do fuck them grow your own, or buy from another "they."

11. I've grown before(I actually have a sativa that I just started, as a matter of fact) and respectfully disagree with you. Actually you just made my point. It costs a few hundred dollars to get started and you are producing ounces. I don't need ounces, really. An ounce would last me for about six months or so, longer if I'm careful or busy. As I don't have a lot of "in the flesh" stoner friends I won't be giving it away so I'd basically have piles of weed that would eventually go bad.

If I could walk into a store and get quality weed I'd definitely do that over spending money getting a grow space, having to set aside a place to grow, manage the smell, make sure it's properly taken care of, etc. I respect people who like to do that but it just isn't something I'm terribly interested in. Just like with alcohol. I like a drink from time to time but I don't consume enough to make brewing worth it and I don't have enough interest in the art.

12. I don't think you can overstate the pain management ability of cannabis. For my back I typically need a few vicodin or percocet a day coupled with a flexoral (flexiril) to numb the pain down but two joints a day leaves me completely pain free.

13. Prices would plummet, leaving street dealers to sell something else.

I think cannabis quality would decline since so many backyard bud will flood the market at first and slowly increase in quality as they get better at it.

Commercial bud would probably be the main source of regular abundance, which sucks balls.