If the government made weed legal

Discussion in 'General' started by Ooph, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Would you buy the weed from our current major tobacco industries...I seriously would not trust it, untill some guy researches the stuff that comes out of them.

2. Life get's hard when you live by if's.

3. I doubt the tobacco companies would get total control. Something tells me that weed is not addictive enough or harmful enough for them to be very interested in it. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, the stoner subculture is way too strong to let something like that happen. Weed is considered better the purer and less tainted it is. In places like Amsterdam and BC, they don't sell pre-rolled cigarettes, they sell you baggies of whole bud.

Think about it this way... yeah, maybe the tobacco companies will try to capitalize on legalization by making their own shitty marijuana cigarettes, but you'll still be able to buy plain weed in the same way that you can still buy rolling tobacco or pipe tobacco. Plus there is nothing stopping you from growing your own tobacco plant, so there shouldn't be anything to stop you from growing your own weed plant.

4. if it was a good strain of weed and was good priced and was pure, sure i would.

5. I just want weed legal so I don't have to suffer gross penalties for smoking it and growing it.

6. yea, it'd be pretty nice to be able to buy a pack of joints from the gas station

7. Yeah, but I think if it were distributed by the same companies that distribute tobacco, there would inevitably be unnecessary additives. I'd rather just buy buds that have been untampered with.

8. Why wouldn't we be able to get buds from a local farmers market?

9. QFT

But seriously, I look forward to the day when I will be able to grow my own legally. I probably would buy from who ever supplies it at the most reasonable price/quality but I would focus on growing my own supply.

10. If you can grow your own bud legally, thats the way to do it. If your gonna go buy a pack of like 20 Class A Prerolled Marijuana Cigarettes from AMERICA, I guarantee theres gonna be some shit in there to get you addicted and comming back for more, thats america.

11. When it's legal the government will be able to force producers to adhere to certain standards of quality. Random testing of the product should be sufficient to ensure producers don't add anything to it, and to make sure they don't over-fertilize the plants during flowering which leaves unnecessary levels of nitrates in the bud.

These things aren't possible today in a prohibited, unregulated market.

12. hell no I wouldnt buy from those assholes.. I'd grow my own :D

13. You couldn't trust government standards. In fact, that's where the problem would primarily lie once the industry has been completely sifted out of gang culture.

Hope for quality lies in the push we've seen recently for a more organic, naturalistic approach to daily living and commodities, particularly food. With marijuana legalization unleashing hemp on the market, the green movement would go into overdrive as the full potential of this plant becomes realized. Who else but marijuana growers would get swept up in this?

14. I would grow it myself, sort of as a zen excersise.

15. I would also grow it myself. But if it's additive free, organic, sold everywhere and at a good price, then why not. It would be convenient.

Even if they started sellin shitty gov't weed, we would have an option like American Spirits for marijuana

Nothin beats homegrown though

16. guess u never heard of tax evasion

its illegal to grow tobacco without a license