If the big bang really did happen...

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Heavenly Scythe, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Then all of you guys are on some level my brothers and sisters:hello::D:wave::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

2. We are made of the stuff of stars, given our lives by a living world, given our selves by time. - Sheri S. Tepper.

3. I dont think you even understand the implications of what you've already said...really think about that... :wave: wake up

haha...

Love-

4. I too had no clue what this guy is talking about,I mean I do but I'm going to wait for him to further explain what he is trying to impose.

5. If you want to get sappy, we are all brothers and sisters anyway because we evolved from the same bacteria

6. Roach got it. All of our ancestors are hetorotrophs that lived off of amino acids and organic materials in the atmosphere.... before anything was alive in the water..... because the water vapor had yet to commence the million year rain.

Technically.....we are related to each other as much as we are related to comets and asteroids and planets. Everything that makes everything in our solar system was made at the same time. The raw materials that existed before the supernova blast that created our solar system were created in the same stars that created other stars and planets. And so on..................

Comet Holmes is my brother. Neptune is my sister. The orion nebula is my cousin. And the mulitverse membranes are all of our fathers.

7. The same neutrinos that pass through me, pass through you. You can't stop solar penetration, we're all part of the F#ckin' cosmos.
    We reverberate in the frequencies transmitted by solar flares, and every day the tide will rise and fall in us all, regardless of size.
    We are the heavenly bodies that the primordial bacteria created to be their host, by their wishing on the prehistoric stars that flew so much closer in the beginning of time.
    We carry the seed of intelligence into the void of space, to save the world we could soon abandon it, and go outbound to the twilight zone, find new rocks to colonize.

It could be.

8. So what? We're all related; does that mean anything? Should we be nicer to one another simply because on some level all our molecules came from the same place? Does it make us any more connected on a spiritual level to each other than if there were no big bang or evolution? If we're all siblings I think I want to be disowned. Being related to hitler doesn't seem that appealing.

9. Why don't you enlighten me?

10. Reminds me of the bit from I Heart Huckabees:

"There is not a single atom in our bodies that was not forged in the furnace of the sun. Now isn't that cool? Huh?"

Or something similar.

11. iron is spread throught the universe when stars explode. humans need iron in their blood. i guess we are all related.

12. a la I <3 Huckabees ;p I agree.

It's all connected. None of it is connected. Whatever. It's a little bit of both, and a lot bit of individual perception.

13. if you think about it on a strictly genetic level we are all related.
    you have 2 parents, 4 grandparents, 8 great grandparents 16 great-great grandparents, 32 great-great-great grandparents, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048 and so on...

so youre related to everyone in a by atleast a fraction of a percent.

14. Nice avatar, chronic.......

We share 98% of our DNA with chimps/bonobos. If we are that close to apes...... we're even closer to each other.