Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

If Thc Is An Evolutionary Defense Mechanism, Why Do We As Humans Smoke It?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Tree Of Life, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Doesn't it make other animals trip out? Or do some of them actually enjoy it like any other person would? If THC is a defensive action by Cannabis to prevent animals from eating it, isn't the purpose of the psycoactive aspect of weed to make animals not ever want to eat it again after the first time?

2. That's some deep shit right there...I'm not sure cannabis's defense is too make animals not want it with a psychoactive effect.  I think thc is a product of the plant trying to take care of its seed.  That's its primary objective is to grow more plants so I think it's just protecting its young. Idk I wish I were more stoned...

3. I know that the skunk smell deters some animals. But I know deer like it. Deer ate my gorilla grow lol.

4. Deer and rabbits will MURDER your crops if you let em, they love eattin' weed...like my brother used to say about growing outside in the woods, you gotta grow enough for you, the deer and the police

5. err i don't think it's a defense mechanism. i mean shit doesn't really make sense. i dont know man

the real question is, why do we have receptors in our brains that perfectly accept chemicals in certain plants? why do these plants exists, solely for the ingestion of the chemicals? particularly psychoactives/psychedelics... its just insane. like these plants are meant to be here for us to get high or trip

6. having the urge for an altered state of mind is akin to thirst , hunger, and sex.  The plants on earth are here for the reaping that is why we have cannabinoid receptors.   :smoke:

7. Believe it or not, there are receptors in the human brain built SPECIFICALLY for cannabinoids.

That means that literally nothing but the chemicals released by marijuana fit into those slots.

Tell me that's a fuckin coincidence.

8. #8 Storm Crow, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2013
    This is on what you are talking about, Tree.

Michael Pollan: What Do Marijuana and Catnip Have in Common?      (news – 2012) http://www.alternet.org/drugs/148510/michael_pollan:_what_do_marijuana_and_catnip_have_in_common/

You need to find the book "The Botany of Desire". It has a great section on cannabis!

sektr, Good on you for knowing about CB receptors! You don't have it all down yet, though, there are compounds  your body makes, endocannabinoids, like anandamide and 2-AG that activate the CB receptors and act like THC. These compounds are the original cannabinoids. Cannabis makes compounds (THC, CBD, etc) that are so similar to our endocannabinoids that our body can use them interchangeably! What anandamide does, THC can do, too!

I'd like you to send me an email, sekrt- check out the bottom of my sig! I'll send you back about 1000 pages of links like these, so you can learn more about the endocannabinoid system! There is a LOT more to cannabis and the endocannabinoid system than just getting high! These should give you an interesting introduction to the workings of the endocannabinoid system.

Not Feeling Well? Perhaps You're 'Marijuana Deficient'       (news – 2010)
    http://www.alternet.org/health/146151/not_feeling_well_perhaps_you%27re_%27marijuana_deficient%27/

Introduction to the Endocannabinoid System        (news – 2011)
    http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=8444

Omega-3 deficiency disrupts cannibinoid receptor function in brain       (news – 2011)
    http://www.wellsphere.com/general-medicine-article/omega-3-deficiency-disrupts-cannibinoid-receptor-function-in-brain/1347465

Hope to hear from you soon!

Granny

9. Yes, the Mushroom Crystal which contains our Holy Sacrament serves a dual purpose. It deters some animals away, those which are not adequately equipped to replicate its seed. Such animals such as birds & deer eat the seeds, and when they take a shit somewhere else, it spreads the seed to foreign spots, therefore enhancing the rate of DNA multiplication. Wide spread DNA multiplication is the goal of just about every Living being. We humans are sufficiently equipped to spread & propagate the seed Highly efficiently (as this century has surely proved). Which other animal, besides us, has the wide array of diverse technology to grow hydroponically with all the balanced nutrients, and let Mary grow to her full potential? Only we, as of right now, allow Mary to reach the verge of perfection. Her way of thankINg us, as a reward, is giving us that treat that we so dearly Love. Its a give and take. Its a receporical benefit. We both win! Her seed prospers, and our Cannabinoid receptors & meditation prospers aswell! Long live the DivINe symbiosis!  :hello:

10. Couldn't say it better!

Very, very well said, sir.

Clouds :bongin:

12. Dude...this ls like a month late but that was some deep shit. /Bow