if someone pulls a blade on you..

Discussion in 'General' started by chronicman00, Nov 3, 2012.

1. does the law allow for one to stab them?

for example, lets say someone brandishes their knife in an argument/confrontation are you allowed to pull one out and use it?

or do they have to approach you threateningly first before you make a move?

2. This law will probably vary from state to state.

1. What is California Self-defense Law?

According to California law, you act in lawful self-defense if you:

reasonably believe that you are in imminent danger of being killed, seriously injured, or unlawfully touched,

believe that immediate force is necessary to prevent that danger, and

use no more force than necessary to defend against that danger.

3. Look up your states code.

Edit: fluffykush beat me to it

4. [quote name='"fluffykush"']This law will probably vary from state to state.

1. What is California Self-defense Law?

According to California law, you act in lawful self-defense if you:

reasonably believe that you are in imminent danger of being killed, seriously injured, or unlawfully touched,

believe that immediate force is necessary to prevent that danger, and

use no more force than necessary to defend against that danger.[/quote]

The last line is the important one. And the one that can fuck you over even if it's 100 % self defense.

5. haha that last line makes that shit real tough

6. They prob be understanding unless you killed the dude

7. "Probably" and the law really don't mix well, at all.

8. Yeahhh, there's so much bullshit wrapped up in self-defense laws these days it really is stupid. If a mother fucker openly threatens me or my property, I should be aloud to fuck him up with no repercussions. I would expect someone else to do the same if I was fucking with their stuff or their well-being ya know?

9. Here in my state I could easily say it was self defense and I had to kill them (which to be honest is what I feel is most likely). I'm not sure about other states though. If it was someone considered a low life by society then your chances are probably better.

10. ha yea right...regardless what the situation is you should call the cops for anything and wait until they get there to handle the situation for you

us people, we cant handle these things by ourselves the police are there to do it for us.

11. Fuck that dude, if someone pulls a knife you wouldn't have time to call the police lol

Unless that was sarcasm, in which case... /facepalm_should_have_realized

12. [quote name='"letsmokeasweet"']ha yea right...regardless what the situation is you should call the cops for anything and wait until they get there to handle the situation for you

us people, we cant handle these things by ourselves the police are there to do it for us.[/quote]

Did anyone even mention the police? What are you going off about...

13. You should probably call the police at some point just because someone's in your house doesn't mean they deserve to die

14. #14 wickedjoker, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2012
    Aww the sheeple strayed from the flock, ain't that adorable..

Nah but for real calling the cops is usually the best choice. Not because you or me couldn't handle a violent situation ourselves, but because the laws are so fucked up these days that even if you were the victim and happened to come out on top, you'd most likely be fucked over by the courts anyway. I about stabbed a guy once, but instead I stood there with my knife to his throat and called the cops. Sometimes I wish I had just said fuck it and cut that asshole, but like I said, the law is fucked up and I didn't wanna go to jail.

15. Pull out a feather and tickle their nose :laughing:

16. 1: stab them
    2: call police
    3: I was scared, and knew he was going to kill me. I just fought until the attack stopped.
    4: lawyer

Stalin

17. Stalin's killed millions of people and never got sentenced for anything, he must be right.

If you live in a "Stand your ground" state then you have right to stab anyone that threatens you.

If not you are obligated to take prevented measures to avoid hostility, or back up and walk away. If they come at you again you're allowed to stab them.

This is what I've learned from Trayvon Martin.

18. i know in FL it's called the stand your ground law and yes you could stab someone if they pulled a knife on you first.....in fact you could stab or shoot them if you feel like your life is in danger.

19. Do this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01NHcTM5IA4]Is That a Knife - YouTube[/ame]

20. If someone pulls a blade on me , then they just brought a knife to a gun fight LOL.