If someone loves you...

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Sublime, Nov 26, 2016.

1. If one person loves you and is willing to give up anything and sacrifice anything for you.... but the feeling is not mutual. does that make you an asshole? is it morally not right to do the same back? I'm talking about dating, not family love. what if you never do anything back for them? what if you don't even want them in your life? I can talk more after my shift.

2. Wait so who's the asshole in this scenario? You or are you the lover?
    I just need clarification so we can continue.

3. That's the question. Who is the asshole? What if I'm just plain not interested. Not just because of appearances, but because her personality just doesn't click at all with me and she's 100% not my type, as in, her personality and I'm just not interested. I would only end up breaking up with her in the end anyways, because I know it wouldn't last. So I'm just trying to save a heartbreak from the both of us. Im not interested in dating RN in all honesty and I've told her that multiple times but she just doesn't get it.

4. am I bound merely because she shows interest in me and disregard all the other factors that I just wouldn't be happy?

5. If you've stated clearly that you feel nothing romantic for this person then by all means, proceed however you see fit.
    If she's devastated when nothing grows between the two of you, she has taken that on herself.

In other words, nobody is responsible for how you feel except yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Girls can call me an asshole all day, I still won't call them.

With love, I am the first to call, waiting on texts, getting just because it's Wednesday flowers, etc. I also pay a lot more attention to her when I care.

• Like Like x 3
  7. That would be a hell no. You aren't responsible for her feelings and how she feels about you. Have you made it totally clear to her you aren't interested and that you aren't sending her mixed signals?

8. I don't even know what constitutes being an asshole anymore. Maybe nothing.

I like that idea.