If price wasnt an issue what breed of dog would you buy ?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by HeartLndToker, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Welsh Corgi or English Bulldog

2. price isn't an issue.
    id adopt a dog compatible to my family and give it a loving home.

but....

in a perfect world, where dogs weren't being overly bred and euthanized, I'd have two (snow white) purebred male Russian Borzois with diamond-encrusted collars. names: "Dali & Ovechkin."

Sent from remote island in South Pacific using GC Forum

3. ((((hugs))))
    agreed.

4. Samoyed or newfoundland

5. a bloodhound I want to grow old and get a fucking bloodhound

6. For the record, I love dogs. One of my businesses is centered around them.
    For my wedding we had our dogs walk us down isle. (charming outdoor wedding, string quartet, blah blah blah...) AND we had all guests make donations to Chicago Anti Cruelty Society in lieu of gifts.
    To this day, I haven't had a full set of china or a toaster oven, haha, but I might have helped a pup or two out, and one can't put a price on that.

7. champion rhodesian ridgeback....ive had 3

8. #48 landofodd, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2013
    love love love Rhodesians!!

9. yknow those things the Orcs in LOTR ride?

yeah one of those fuckers.

10. #51 oceansgreen, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2013
    i want some Caucasian Shepherd's for Livestock Guardian Dogs eventually, but for a pet dog, i prefer the cheaper "mutts" because they seem to have plenty of personality for the purpose of beign a friend
    just no yapper dogs for me, thats rediculous and annoying, i hate yapper dogs... at least pre-stock pot anyway

and b4 massive flaming for mentioning eating yappers, some, especially chihuahuas were originally bred for meat production in the first place
    and more importnatly i think it shows a lot more respect for an animal to use every part of it possible upon its death rather than simply putting it in the ground while its body slowly gets eaten by everything else
    and the idea that "pretty" or "cute" animals shouldnt be eaten is rediculous, anyone whos spent time around goats, ducks, chickens or other animals we routinely eat knows that they are all "cute" in their own way and have some amazing personality as indivduals, people seem to be fine with eating them, so dont flame me for mentioning eating a dog or choosing to end its life humanely at a good age instead of letting it suffer through the ills of life that normally take a dogs life

11. I would still adopt.

12. Nice to see every one concerned about adopting and animals in the shelters , I personally tend to stay away though , had a really bad experience with an adopted dog , passed all the temperament test at the shelter and was friendly when we first brought him for say the first two maybe three weeks home but he attacked our other dog and bit my brother while he tried to brake them up , I just feel like shelter dogs have mental problems , something the shelter does to them I guess

13. I want a Rottweiler. Been wanting one since I was a little kid. Within the next couple months I should finally get him. The day won't come soon enough!

14. #55 daboss213, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2013
    It's still important to keep breed type in mind because getting a dog will change your lifestyle so you might as well try to get a dog that will create one you like.

besides, picking a certain breed from a shelter is still saving a dog....

I would get a blue pitt with the best bloodline money can buy. any other dog and i'd rather it be a mutt

15. I want a golden retriever or a black lab

16. #57 Sunshine86, Jan 16, 2013
    A Welsh Pembroke Corgi or Boston Terrier. If I had more space, I'd love to have a brindle Boxer.

17. #58 zongzilla, Jan 16, 2013
    hahah. the dogs getting sold need homes too.
    also it's important to get a dog that suits your lifestyle like someone said above, i can't roughhouse with a little runt dog, but my pit sure likes to roughhouse with me, he usually wins though cause i get tired and give up first.
    i love my dog.
    i also prefer larger breeds, i like to cuddle with my dogs and wrestle them.
    i need a man dog not a grandma dog or paris hilton dog. hahah.

but like i said, i have a pit/lab mix, my next dog which i plan to get in a few months hopefully will be a rottweiler. i love them so much, powerful dogs. :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

so cute. hahah.

18. tibetian mastiff

19. germen Shepard husky mix beutiful dogs vary friendly and vary vary loyal